Really Liking These Supers

Started by Rivverrat, September 29, 2017, 10:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Some of these will be used by clients & friends. I still need to service over 1/2 of them. All except one will only need a good cleaning & some fresh grease & oil to be fished regularly another 20 years or so.

Most who pay me to take them on the river have never had the experience. I'm certainly hoping that their using these fine reels from a by gone era adds to this for them.

I believe it will....Jeff

mo65

That's a nice stable of Supers Jeff. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

happyhooker

Your clients and friends both should appreciate what you'd be doing for them with these reels.

Frank

Rivverrat

I was having to cast for most I took out being my other rods for clients all had Ambassadeur 7000's on them. For some time I felt I needed some thing others could easily cast. Started looking at spinners a couple of months ago. I quickly found out the Fin Nor Lethal & Offshore series seemed to be the most affordable reels that would give years of service. However I was needing 9 reels. That gets pricey quick.

Then I read what Fred was saying about these DAM Quick reels.... I was wanting 9 reels that clients could cast & would fish 50 lb. line. I think when Im done with these they will do that easily. Because of their worm gear design these reels wont get the pinion slop older big Penn spinners get.  I also didnt relize the main gear in these Supers was of good quality metal not just simple brass as I originally thought. They are heavy but arent most reels & such things that last through decades of use. They'll spend most of their time fishing bait from a rod holder so who cares. Good old reels at a great price.

For what it's worth I'm thinking my Quick 330's will easily fish 30 lb. line with a Finnessa metal spool... Jeff