Hi from the UK

Started by TJS23, October 02, 2017, 06:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJS23

Hi all, new here. I live in Cornwall in the south west of the UK. I have fished all my life for Atlantic salmon, brown trout and sea trout (sea run browns) in our rivers, and a wide variety of saltwater species from European bass to blue and porbeagle sharks and in recent years bluefin.
I found this site as I just bought a Penn international 30tw which was in serious need of TLC.
Great site - I've learnt loads already!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

foakes

Welcome aboard, TJS --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

TJS23

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome TJ.
We have another member from the Cornwall area. His name is Jerseymic,
A friend of mine. ;)
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Tj - Chris, also from the UK - You have found a great forum :)

Jerseymic

Hi TJ and welcome.

I'm Jerseymic who Sharkhunter mentioned, which part of Cornwall are you based, I am in Mevagissey.

You have come to a great place, the guys here are the most helpful and generous people you will ever meet.

Mike.

Alto Mare

Hello TJ, welcome!

Sal, from Penna, home of Penn.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

conchydong

Welcome. I visited your area on my honeymoon with my first wife in the early 80's. Loved Mousehole as well as all of the other small towns.  Used Exeter as a base for my travels as I had rented a car. First time driving in England on the other side of the road. It was fun. In the Pub in Exeter, I couldn't pay for my own drinks once they found out I was a "Yank" (even though I am from the south) on my honeymoon as I was a guest of the Pub. Played lots of Skittles and had great conversations  with the wonderful folks over there.

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

happyhooker

Hearty welcome, TJS, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

TJS23

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Jerseymic - HA! I'm not too far from you at Ladock..!

Cheers all,

Tim