Hi from northern Germany

Started by Floatfisher, October 06, 2017, 07:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floatfisher

Hi everyone,
my name is Bob and I live near Hamburg in Germany.
I started fishing as a boy. Not very successfull because I didn't know much about it and my equipment was really bad. As a teenager I started to spend my time with other things and fishing was forgotten. 12 years ago I revived this hobby an practise it to get away from everyday stress.
When I found this forum a couple of week ago I was very happy because I love to build an repair things and have the workshop to do this. It is great to have contact to other people who also like to keep old reels running.
After a couple of cheap spinning reels broke after little use I got interested in older reels of lasting quality. Today I (nearly) finished the overhaul of a DAM Quick Finessa. I will post in another thread why only "nearly"  :o

Bob 

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Alto Mare

Hello Bob, welcome to the site.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Bob --

From the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.

Have a few DAM Quicks, myself -- good reels.

Also have any new parts you may require.

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

festus

Welcome, Bob, from East Tennessee.  I've never been to Germany, plan to go one of these days.  My maternal grandmother's ancestors were originally from Odenwald and were some of the first settlers of the county I live in.  I saw the post about your D.A.M. Quick Finessa, I have one of those too.

bhale1

Bob,
Welcome from way across the ocean, in Southern Arizona...
Enjoy your stay,, and there  are many helpful people here! As I have learned first-hand!!!
Brett

Dominick

Herzlich willkommen Bill.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

happyhooker

Hearty welcome form Minnesota USA.

Frank

joesan

"The More Laws, The Less Justice"   Cicero

David Hall

Welcome Bob, from San Jose California.  Glad to hear you revived the hobby, it's a perfect excuse to get away from everything.

swill88

Welcome Bob!

Steve, an average fisherman from the California Delta.