Accurate Boss Magnun 870 drag lever stuck

Started by steelfish, October 07, 2017, 12:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, I have an Accurate Boss magnun 870 with the drag lever completelly stuck on the freespool position, but there are no freespool, if you try to spin the spool, the complete system move (handle).
antireverse is working:
the issues are:

completelly zero freespool
drag lever is stuck
I also cannot take out the drag preset knob from the reel, its all the way turned backwards many times but still attached.

any hint on how to take the drag preset knob out?

The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Sounds like a few rusted bearings. Rusted to the spool shaft.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

well I finally could move the drag lever, ended up that I was trying to move the drag lever with the preset tightened to the max, ooh well. :-[ :-[ ;D

but still no freespool so it should have some bearings corroded
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

careful with the accucast knob.  there is a plastic retaining ring.  it is basically a giant e-clip.  if you continue to unscrew the knob and force it too hard, you will shear the plastic clip.  you have to pry it out first. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on October 08, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
careful with the accucast knob.  there is a plastic retaining ring.  it is basically a giant e-clip.  if you continue to unscrew the knob and force it too hard, you will shear the plastic clip.  you have to pry it out first. 

thanks for the tip Alan, I havent saw that coming, good timing.

one question, the drag preset knob makes a bump when you reach the max drag but continue turning if you keep doing it (like if it jumps out from a groove and continue turning but no adding any drag, I hope to make me understand, and if you turning it backwards it works reducing the drag on the reel, so seems to work but the owner says it wasnt like that before), on other reels if you keep turning the preset knob to reach max drag there is a moment when you just cannot turn the knob anymore, it just stops and you know you are way pass the max drag with freespool.

is this "jump/bump" normal on this accurate model or there is something that needs to be replaced?
The Baja Guy

alantani

you might have hit the top of the threads, but you would normally not be able to turn it that far.  i wish i could take a look.  it sounds odd.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!