AVET Pro EX 4/01 4/02 drag washers

Started by reel bob, October 14, 2017, 11:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reel bob

Same issue as other post...Avet doesn't carry the drag washer for this reel any more. Would anyone have the size (dimensions) of a new brake disk. I'm going to find the material and make my own?   Thanx 

alantani

oohhh, gotta be careful here.  the thickness of the drag washer is critical.  do anything you can to salvage the original drag plate. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

reel bob

Some of these drag washers are worn out, period. I can figure out the OD and ID, I just don't have the thickness of the material, that's where the help is needed...Thanx

alantani

bob, before you go chiseling off the old drag washers, please try this.  go in and scrub with a little cal's grease and an old rag.  add more grease and really scrub.  see if you can "raise the grain" a little.  then apply another light coat, wipe off the obvious excess, put it back together and see how smooth it is at 18 pound of drag.  do this first.  you might be surprised.   even worn, glazed or crusted, these drag washers might still perform adequately.  replacing them could be a week long project that might never work

reel bob

Will give that a try... Thanx. BTW do u have any clickers?

alantani

sorry, no clickers.  please keep us posted!