Daiwa Procyon 3000

Started by Scattergun2570, October 09, 2017, 06:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Quote from: johndtuttle on October 10, 2017, 05:43:50 PM
Quote from: Scattergun2570 on October 10, 2017, 05:04:18 PM
So if these shims are not pictured on the schematic and we have a situation such as this how in the world do you figure out how to put things back together? Can I send it back to Daiwa in pieces,for servicing & reassembly?

Yes, any Daiwa Service Center can do it. They will be familiar with the expected tolerances on all parts of the reel and be able to re-assemble it ideally (caveat: no repair center is always perfect).

If you sent it to me I would work with Daiwa to make sure we got it right, at no charge other than maybe $10 for return shipping 2-day air. I am not a service center, but have been know to be handy at such things.

That would be highly appreciated! Just send me the address and I'll get it out to you. Next time I will be much more careful and be a bit more educated.

I'd take photos and do a service tutorial for this site etc.

Just let me know.  ;)

Scattergun2570

Absolutely! Highly appreciated! Pm me please

Scattergun2570

Quote from: johndtuttle on October 10, 2017, 05:43:50 PM
Quote from: Scattergun2570 on October 10, 2017, 05:04:18 PM
So if these shims are not pictured on the schematic and we have a situation such as this how in the world do you figure out how to put things back together? Can I send it back to Daiwa in pieces,for servicing & reassembly?

Yes, any Daiwa Service Center can do it. They will be familiar with the expected tolerances on all parts of the reel and be able to re-assemble it ideally (caveat: no repair center is always perfect).

If you sent it to me I would work with Daiwa to make sure we got it right, at no charge other than maybe $10 for return shipping 2-day air. I am not a service center, but have been know to be handy at such things.

John...please email me direct ... windowtreaters@aol.com

I'd take photos and do a service tutorial for this site etc.

Just let me know.  ;)

johndtuttle

Okie dokie, got the reel from Scattergun and got 'er back together no worries.

The shims are oversize so that they keep the inner race of the handle bearing free. Here you can see them peaking out under the bearing but they center fine in actual use:

The only other "fiddly bit" is the other area Scattergun was stumped and that is the Stabilizer Bar (51) for the Main Shaft (55). Those two form the classic Daiwa "fence" that lock the Main Gear in by its Idle Gear. Getting it back into a little hole in the body is the tricky bit. You have to assemble the reel with the right side Ball Bearing (77) left out to jiggle the main gear out of the way while you try to get the Bar into it's second hole. This is a picture of it with the main gear out of the way so you can see the "fence" issue:

The Rear Cover (61) has a little nub on it to go into the hole to keep it tight:

All the rest is standard Daiwa engineering. A drop of oil or two for the felt seal of the pinion assembly to help with water resistance:

This was an older Procyon so no opportunity to play with the fun Mag-Seal bits. All of the rest can be seen in tutorials for other Daiwa reels of this lineage like the Saltist or BG SW.

best regards