Drag stack in 12/0. What order do they go in?

Started by 1badf350, September 28, 2017, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

I just recently disassembled a 12/0 for repair and forgot to secure the drag washers. They of course fell out and I have no idea what order to put them back in.
Help needed and appreciated.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

sdlehr

Almost all the Penn drags are the same... Does this help?

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

TheReelShop

From the bottom up

carbon fiber, keyed metal washer, carbon fiber, eared metal washer, carbon fiber, keyed, carbon fiber, eared, carbon fiber, keyed, etc.

Shark Hunter

If they have the old asbestos drag discs and you plan of fishing this reel.
You are going to need the carbon fiber 7 stack upgrade.
The difference is night and day.
The old asbestos stack is in front. They are very thick compared to the HT-100 carbon fiber upgrade.
You will also need more metals as this upgrades it from a 5 stack to a 7 stack.
The whole kit is available from Mystic Reel Parts.
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-116SP.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Life is Good!

1badf350

Yep Shark Hunter I have the asbestos ones. I don't plan on fishing it so I will just keep it as is. If you could kindly tell me the order I would appreciate it. Thanks!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Shark Hunter

You only have two eared washers in that stack.
Start at the bottom of the gear with a asbestos washer, then a non eared metal. Then an asbestos washer and an eared metal, then asbestos, non eared metal, asbestos, eared metal, asbestos and a non eared metal. There is usually another non eared metal on top of that, but not always.
Life is Good!

1badf350

-Chris

1badf350

Works perfectly now. Thanks Shark hunter!!
-Chris
-Chris

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!