14/0

Started by Shark Hunter, October 10, 2017, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I was trying to find the original post where I put this reel together and found a lot of mine that still need fixed from the photobucket bomb.
I'll get to that. I have been dragging this reel to the coast the past few years and have dropped many a bait with it.
Not a single hit, strike, or nibble on this big Girl.
I've respooled it twice. In between, I would wind the line on another spool, so the 300 yards or so that was sitting on the bottom of the ocean would be on the spool start, not on the other end.
Well, It is time again, The line felt like sandpaper and it was time for a change. (130lb Exsum is all she knows)
I don't understand why I have never got a taker on this reel. It is my Heavy Hitter with all the goodies.
Stainless sleeve, double dogs, insert kit, handle upgrade.
I'm guessing probably 20 drops on it the past three or four years.
I say only 20, because this is not the only reel I bring and I think that is a pretty accurate guess.
Fully spooled, It is like a 16lb bowling ball.
I'm not giving up on her. Went through it and all looks like new still.
Gave her a new handle upgrade and stack. Adam's offset handles are really nice. Ready for next May. Keeping the Faith! ;)

Life is Good!

David Hall

Shark Hunter

Thanks David,
Just goes to show, Take care of your gear and it will outlast you.
She has been salted up, sanded up and dragged from Kentucky to Florida at least eight times.
Then dragged to the beach many times more from the condo, hotel room and Truck Bed.
She still looks like new.
Her time will come. ;)
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I've been waiting as long as you to see a big shark on that reel! This year will be the year, can't wait.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Army_of_One

I can say first hand, that reel is a beautiful monster!  I look forward to climbing the ladder to one eventually.
Another day in Paradise!