DAM Quick 330 - underwater reel ;-)

Started by Floatfisher, October 10, 2017, 07:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floatfisher

Hi together,

these reels are great but some people have real trust into them:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/stationaerrolle-dam-quick-330-schwarz/725731127-187-2464

Strange sales presentation :o

Bob

foakes

Thanks for showing that 330, Bob --

Reminds me of the time during a backpacking trip into the Dinkey Lakes Wilderness of the Central Sierra Nevadas.

Camped at Mystery and Swede lakes -- decided to climb up to a little lake called Rainbow.

Stuck a pumped up nightcrawler on the end of my 5' Fenwick rod with a DAM Quick 265 Microlite and 4 lb. test -- propped the rod on a boulder, set back to eat a sandwich, read a book, and maybe take a nap.

Before the first bite of my sandwich -- the rod bends double and immediately the whole setup flips over and goes underwater.  It got wedged between two boulders.  So I go into the water, retrieve the rig -- then reel in a nice, fat, 18" rainbow.  Cut the line and let him go.

The Dinkey Lakes Wilderness is one of the few places that you can still get a Trout Grand-Slam by fishing a few of the more obscure lakes, along with a couple of the easier access lakes.

Rainbow, Eastern Brook, German Brown, and the California Golden.

Anyway, the 55 year old Microlite performed perfectly.  Good quality grease on the gears, main bearing, and case seams -- really help to keep water out of the mechanics.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.