What is Sushi Grade??

Started by Maxed Out, October 11, 2017, 04:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

We could use that here on the west coast too.

Tiddlerbasher

If you can find the time for a seminar in the UK - I'd really appreciate it ;D ;D

jigmaster501

I would be willing to come out to the west coast and to the UK...

The travel costs would be the issue as my salary is far from what is should be.....lol

Maybe if you guys could get enough people interested and charge and entrance fee for the event, it might work.

What would be nice is if we could do a landbased powerpoint seminar in the morning and then do maybe a half day fishing trip in the afternoon just so everyone could see the principles in practice. I guess that would have to coincide with fishing seasons and the like but it would be really help people see first hand how to do things properly.

Event planning is not one of my skill sets but I am sure you guys can do a better job of that than me...lol

Eugene

broadway

Thanks for the info, Eugene.  With ample heads up, location not too far away, and an extra seat I would like to attend that seminar.
Much appreciated,
Dom

handi2

Every fish we catch gets bled out in the ice slurry box on the boat.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

Quote from: jigmaster501 on October 11, 2017, 11:57:28 PM

I am trying to set up a seafood safety seminar for recreational fishermen here in NYC... Hopefully in the next month or two...

please send me the highlights of the seminar, I need to teach the local charter guys how to thread their catchs but first I need to know it, LOL
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

I learned a bunch of stuff reading that Dominick.  Thanks.
-steve

jigmaster501

That is a good document but it is a bit outdated in certain areas. I would rub the head and line with hydrogen peroxide before sliding the line into the spinal column. Introducing pathogens and bacteria into a 'sterile' spinal column isn't a good idea.

Also, the brines need to be changed often especially when getting bloody. I should update this info and place it here for everyone to use....

When things get finalized with a seminar, I will let everyone know.

Eugene

David Hall

Great article, thanks Dominick.