Penn 500s take apart screw - am I crazy

Started by JRD, October 04, 2017, 11:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I'm fixing a 500s for a friend.  Lost the take apart screw.  He ordered new and receive three assemblies without the e clip.  I'm looking at having 3 other 500s with the clip.  The schematics at Scotts doesn't show it and I can't find any part number.  Anybody know if these clips were stock or just a popular add on?

foakes

I think from memory, the part number is TA-200.

May be different for an "S" -- but likely not.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JRD

Quote from: foakes on October 05, 2017, 01:33:12 AM
I think from memory, the part number is TA-200.

May be different for an "S" -- but likely not.

Best,

Fred

They show on schematics as the same part number for the 500 series but they are different.  The S does not use the knurled nut and has an E clip holding the spring in.

JRD

Here are picts.  The first is the normal 129-200 assembly then the 500s

mike1010

I just fill the hole with JB Weld and then re-drill it.  No clip needed.

Mike

Bryan Young

Looks like you have a 500S.  Yes, those screws were different.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JRD

Ends up the take apart is listed as a single part number even though the 500S are different.  For reference they take a SAE 1/4 inch e clip.