Light economic version of 9'6" and 10' Black Hole Suzuki rods are coming

Started by ksong, October 12, 2017, 04:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

As I promised, we are going to introduce economic version of 9'6" and 10' rods for striper, blue, small yellowtail, snook or drum.
The retail prices are $200 - $220.

Decker

Watching that video puts me on edge... keep bracing myself for the rod to snap but it never does.  What does the reading on the machine represent, pounds, kilograms?

ksong

The rating of the 9'6" Suzuki Special is 3/4 oz - 4 oz while the 10' rod is 1/2 oz - 3 oz.

Here is a picture of yellowtail using the 10' Suzuki Special rod in Korea

swill88

jzumi

Why not use this for salmon trolling?   I love long, whippy rods for taking up the slack on a down rigger hit.

ksong

You could. Salmon trolling rods or salmon mooching rods are traditionally very soft.

pjstevko

ksong

The 9'6" and 10'2" Black Hole Suzuki Special rods arrived

As I promised, the prices are $200 - $220.

Here are prices.

9'6" Black Hole Suzuki rod.  $195

10'2" Black Hole Suzuki rod $215

9'6" Black Hole Suzuki blank $95

19'2" Black Hole Suzuki blank $98

Rod case is extra for $10.

Here are pictures of the rods.

10'2'' has split grip and 9'6" is not. I like to see which one anglers prefer.

10'2" is lighter than 9'6" and I don't know any lighter rod for longer than 10' is in the market.

The rating of 9'6" rod is 3/4 oz - 3 oz and 10'2" rod is 1/2 oz - 2 oz. But you probably can cast 1/4 oz lure with the 10'2" rod as I cast 1/2 oz lure with 9'6"rod for albie

The rods have beautiful finish.

Decker

ksong

ksong

ksong

action of 10'2" Black Hole Suzuki rod.
The rod is so light and looks fragile.
The rod weighs 7.9 oz and the blank weighs 3.7 oz
The rod is good for albie, school striper or bluefish by casting small lure in 1/2 oz - 2 oz.

Decker

Thanks, these rods look great!   Wish I could play like that in my office ;D  What sort of beast are you fighting?  :o