field testing trip to NC

Started by ksong, October 15, 2017, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I am in NC now to test new Black Hole economic version Charter Special/Suzuki rods as well as new 11' and 12' Black Hole Surf Ii Heavy and new prototype 10', 11' and 12' Black Hole East Coast Special surf rods.

I went grouper fishing with Capt Joe today to test the light 6'9" Black Hole Charter Special Slow Pitch rod.
The light inshore rod is not for powerful grouper, but I decided to test the rod for grouper even it breaks as we don't know the limit of the rod yet.
I am very happy to fight about 12 groupers upto 12 lb with the light rod using 25 lb drag.
I used Penn Torque 25LDII reel filled with 80# Jerry Brown Hollow line.
Based on the grouper experience, I think I can land 50 - 60 lb tuna with the light rod using 20 lb drag. Time will tell.
I go out grouper fishing tomorrow again and test the 6'9" rod for more grouper.

ksong

I tested the rod for more grouper and a nice AJ.
The blank weighs only 3.4 oz.
It will be the best slow pitch jigging rod/inshore rod under $200.

Dominick

Nice work if you can get it.  Do you need any help??? ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

I definitely like the longer butt section. Most rods they are too short.

Will you be making a PE10 rod like this one?

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ksong

ksong

We went tuna/cod fishing with Capt Jimmy the Greek out of Cape Cod on Thursday.
When we got tuna ground, tuna were crashing everywhere as far as you can see. I thought there is no chance we don't catch them.
We lost one giant, but we couldn't get more bites.
We decided to go cod fishing. we fished two hours cod jigging and caught respectable catch.
I used the light prototype Black Hole Charter Special 681 Slow JIgging rod/IRT 300 spinning reel.
Here are some catch of the trip.
6'8" Black Hole Charter Special rod

7'6" Black Hole Challenger Bank 761MH rod

7'3" Black Hole Challenger Bank 731M

6'3" Black Hole Cape Cod Slow Pitch jigging rod