Penn screw sizes

Started by Crow, October 18, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Hi, !   It's probably been asked a thousand times......a search with "thread" in it brings up pretty much the whole site, though, LOL ! Anyway, the thread size for the "post" and "seat' screws (on the smaller reels), is 5-40, but what about the bridge screws ? I *think* it's 6-40, but my gauges don't go any "higher" that 32 TPI..........Thanks !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Cortez_Conversions

You are correct, 6-40 is the thread size and pitch for most of the bridges.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mhc

That's right Crow, 5-40 side plate & 6-40 bridge screws on the smaller penns up to the 349 I think. (I did notice the Mag 10s have smaller sized screws, the side plate look to be 4-40 & the bridge screws are 5-40)

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bryan Young

What is the screw size for the handle screw lock screw?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!