RETIRED AND FISHING

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, October 21, 2017, 04:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLEINTHEWATER

Finally getting out and doing some fishing. The weather is getting below 100F. Been out the last two Thursday to Alamo lake in Arizona. First Thursday we caught over 80 large mouth bass, most were small. The biggest around 2.5 lbs. Yesterday went back to see if we could find the bigger ones, tried a bunch of different things. Drop shot was still the main catcher. We only got around 45 bass. Had a great day with a friend (JIM) he is the one in the pictures. he just retired from the Phoenix police . Still shooting sporting clays at least once a week.

David Hall

Shark Hunter

Nice! ;D
Only 45 Bass?
I would be happy with four. ;)
Life is Good!

Cor

Great to be retired, healthy and doing what you really like......I've been at it for a while!
Cornelis

Crow

Yup ! I'll agree...retirement is the best "job" I've ever had !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Rancanfish

My plan to retire has been set back by paperwork. Yep, our gov't won't let me, without a certain piece of paper, which I misplaced. And they informed me it takes two years to get a replacement.  I am in line behind millions of other immigrants.

I have been working and paying into SS since 13 years old.

I'm worn out and in pain every day.  I cherish every day off like a mini retirement.

My boats are waiting for me...

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Newell Nut

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Retirement is pretty cool but I tend to stay so busy hunting, fishing, building rods and always have to lift several tons a week in the gym. The good part is that I do not have to do anything if I do not feel it.

Dominick

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 21, 2017, 05:57:12 PM
Hope you get it resolved soon.

Retirement is pretty cool but I tend to stay so busy hunting, fishing, building rods and always have to lift several tons a week in the gym. The good part is that I do not have to do anything if I do not feel it.
Exactly what retirement is.  The choice whether to work or not.    :o Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

If that's the case Dominick then I am considering myself retired, retroactively back to 2015,that's when I decided that work just wasn't worth doing 5 days a week anymore, I been thinking it wasn't really retirement until I had a ceremony.  I only work part time but can't quit because I just have to many expensive things I want to do that I cannot afford if I don't work at least 3days a week.  I might enjoy everything more if I just go ahead and say, I'm retired.  I've been tired plenty of times why not re tired for awhile, who knows maybe I won't like it?  Then I can make a come back!

steelfish

Quote from: HOLEINTHEWATER on October 21, 2017, 04:10:42 AM
......... The weather is getting below 100F.[/URL]

I now what you mean compadre, summer is finally in its ending days (at least here locally, few days ago we were still on 100*f every day and above) so, now every time a day is below 100*f is a bless, fall fishing season just started to show some fish on the Midriff Islands but I havent had time to got for my limit.

hopefully in few weeks, I looking forward to try out my newest "weapon of fish destrution" the old migthy penn 16s.

The Baja Guy