New (To Me) Rods

Started by Bill B, October 21, 2017, 09:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

My favorite auction site was good to me again, won three Penn Power Sticks and a Silstar.  Two of the Penn's and the Silstar are 10-25 lb 6' class and the third Penn is in the 20-50 lb 6'6" class.  They all look like they were charter boat loaners due to the neglect and verdgris growing.  Anyway a good cleaning is in order to see what I have left to play with.  For $41 I do not think I did too bad.....Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

I think you got a deal !  I need to get some rods, as,  all the reels I've been gathering up need a "home" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

Thanks brother....I told the wife I gave away two matching Zebco 202 combos, two reels and two rods  ::) and these were replacements....for some reason she's not buying my story  ;D  Bill

Crow

Wives are *funny* that way !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

handi2

You did real good. I remember using those rods. I especially like the guides. There is a reason they are still on there. They are strong.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

bhale1

Bill,
Looks like you stole those things!!! That will buff right out...wow!!Great buy, looks like you did  good!!
Brett

Tiddlerbasher

Bill B

;D ;D ;D.......Good news bad news time.....Good News #1 is after cleaning all the guides on two rods, they are bright and shiny BRASS  :o Bad News all the chrome is toast.  Good News #2 I will get to practice my rod wrapping skills  :)  In the mean time the brass guides are serviceable....  In the end I will still be ahead and have four "new" rods that will last a lifetime.....any suggestions on where to purchase about 40 guides.....Looked at Mudhole, but I'm sure there are other "customer friendly" businesses out there......Bill

Tiddlerbasher

Bill I've used this company before and found them good to deal with:

http://www.acidrod.com/RollerGuides.html

I actually bought some of their real shell veneers for inlaying on rods:

http://www.acidrod.com/FlexibleShellVeneer.html