Takin a page Freon Chilli. Bacon wrapped stuffed pork tenderloin

Started by David Hall, October 22, 2017, 02:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Got to spend the day with one of my granddaughters today, we went down to the boat and did a bit of work.
Found a yard sale and she bought a vanity set, every princess needs one of these.

David Hall

He nice lady at the yard sale made a dollar for this.  But I digress, I'm after 5e master of the nome Q tonight so I picked up a nice pork tenderloin, and decided to stuff it, wrap it in delicious bacon and smoke stuffing is 1lb of Jimmy dean regular blend sausage, 1/4 cup each of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.  1\2 chopped onion, 6 large minced garlic cloves.  Fresh chopped baby spinach topped with ricotta cheese, chopped black olives and fresh thyme.

David Hall

This is my 4th oldest granddaughter Tessa, she fishes too by the way.  She's my sous chef today.  She did all the mixing and spreading of the goodness.  I do the heavy knife work.  All trussed and wrapped and ready to go on the smoker.

David Hall

Taking a temp check. Needs another hour!

David Hall

Off the smoker, a bit hot. I shouldn't have basted so much with whisky maybe?

David Hall

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tiddlerbasher

conchydong

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bhale1

Wow...now that will make your mouth water!!! Looks delicious 😀
Brett

David Hall

I never would have tried this except Chilli made it look so easy when he did one recently!  Amd it was pretty delicious. I might go lighter on the smoke next time, I used three handfuls of pecan, two would be plenty. 
And those packs are deceiving, it looked like one big fat tenderloin until I opened it and found it was actually two, so I butterflied them both and tied them with butchers twine, note!  Make sure you don't eat the twine!  It's flavorful, but chewy.  And Tessa enjoyed cooking with Papa as much as I enjoyed cooking with her.

bhale1

David,

I hear ya!!!! CHILE has a way of doing that!! I see his posts, and look at the pics, and start craving something from a grill or smoker....and soon it's off to the grocery store.
And, now there's two of you guys teasing our taste buds😀😀😀
Brett

STRIPER LOU

Woven in bacon! How could you possibly beat that?

...............Lou