Screwdrivers

Started by Scattergun2570, October 28, 2017, 06:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

I`m not happy with the soft, rubbery type handles, you get grease & chemicals on your hands or gloves, then the handles, tend to deteiriate, & stays very sticky, a good wide plastic handle, I like best, mind you the plastic sometimes shatters when you tap them with a hammer, ?. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

CEShawn

Not to bring up an old thread...but any idea what screwdriver works for a Shimano 130 screw? PN TT460 maybe? Worried about getting them out and want to overhaul a couple reels, noticed one was loose, so started to remove to clean and now its not a good situation, milling machine is next for removal lol. TIA

handi2

Shimano uses a T25 for the body screws and a Phillips for the quadrant ring and other parts.

If you need a flat head make sure it's a ground flat tip like recommended. A regular screwdriver will slip.

The gunsmith screwdriver sets all have ground flat bits and a big assortment so you can get one to fit just right
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

These are some of what I use —-

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bluefish69

Fred

I like the valve handle hanging on the wall. It brings back memories of working.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

foakes

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 17, 2022, 07:23:34 PMFred

I like the valve handle hanging on the wall. It brings back memories of working.

Mike

Thanks Mike —-

That is actually a belted hand crank line winder.

It is cast iron and clamps to a bench.

It is likely from the early part of the 20th Century.

Probably over 100 years old, or more.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

My ex bought me the Wiha precision set in 2019. It includes all of the screwdrivers, Alan, hex, metric and standard. Nut drivers too. It's the best!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Hytekrednek

I have Wera, Wiha, Vessel, and PB Swiss precision screwdrivers. The PB Swiss is the nicest/my favorite. But, the Vessel comes in a close second. All of these are quality screwdrivers and will work better than average, but I think the PB Swiss are a step above the rest.