2017 Merritt charter on the Excel

Started by MarkT, November 01, 2017, 12:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Congrats Mark.  New avatar for ya. I can't believe how small you look behind those cows.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks for taking us along with such a great narrative!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the SuperCow and the fantastic trip Mark!

Shark Hunter

Great Work Mark!
Congrats on those Cows Brother!
Mooooooo. ;D
Life is Good!

Hamachi

Mark, congratulations on your cow and supercow! Way to go! Modified Albright knot on 100 lb.? Or?
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

conchydong

Holy cow! Literally. What a great trip and report.

MarkT

Quote from: Hamachi on November 12, 2017, 07:22:11 PM
Mark, congratulations on your cow and supercow! Way to go! Modified Albright knot on 100 lb.? Or?
I used a 25 turn Albright with a drop of superglue to join the spectra to the fluoro. I snugged it up every 5 turns. Nice and smooth. I used a springer knot for the hook. It was the first time I had tried one. That may not have been the best time to use a knot that I'd never tied before but it worked great! When I had the hook pull on the 2nd day I was concerned that it was a connection failure. I was relieved to get the hook back. The deckhand even commented that I now know my knots are good!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

FatTuna

Tuna fish are the most beautiful species in the world in my opinion. It's almost as if they were hand painted. Amazing catch man.

joel8080

Mark, I know how tall you are having fished with you on the SOA a few times, those are huge, congratulations.

Joel 8080

Oceanside,California

Swami805

Wow a cow and super cow. Fish of a lifetime! Congradulations!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

wow awesome trip compadre Mark

I dont know the rest of the guys but I need more pics, even with the smaller fish

The Baja Guy

stoked4fishin

Mjg378