For Sale:International 12

Started by Maxed Out, November 02, 2017, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I've had this one for a long time and never used it or serviced it. The drags are really sticky so it surely needs some maintenance work. I know zilch about these reels. It has really smooth 4/1 gears and cranks nice and smooth. strong click too. The reel overall is a solid 8, just because it has a few scratches, most of which are on each side of the top crossbar. The chrome all looks great. Sorry, no clamp, but a stock Penn graphite clamp can easily be found.

Todays deal is $130 (priority) shipped anywhere in the USA
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Couple more.

Pic #2 shows the scratches in anodize that are just in this crossbar area

Click on pictures for enlarged view

Tightlines667

That might be too good of a deal for me to pass up. 

Can you wait until next week for payment though?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 02, 2017, 08:59:01 PM

No problem John, this reel is a good candidate for your workbench. I might even be able to fit a jar of albacore in the box too !!  ;D  

I'll send it out tomorrow

Ted

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tightlines667

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 02, 2017, 09:01:49 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 02, 2017, 08:59:01 PM

No problem John, this reel is a good candidate for your workbench. I might even be able to fit a jar of albacore in the box too !!  ;D  

That would be great!

I will make sure to send you some canned YET, once I get around to catching/canning some.

Thanks Ted![/color]

John
[/size][/font][/color][/b]
 I'll send it out tomorrow

Ted
Hope springs eternal

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

Gone in 60 seconds...well, not quite, but 10 minutes...  WOW!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

Rumor has it that some lucky guy in Hawaii scored a frame for this reel from who else but Randy Pauly.... ;)  ;)

.....any updates on your build yet John ??

twotone

Yes I missed that one . What deal !!
twotone

Tightlines667

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 26, 2017, 10:59:20 PM
Rumor has it that some lucky guy in Hawaii scored a frame for this reel from who else but Randy Pauly.... ;)  ;)

.....any updates on your build yet John ??

Thanks to Ted & Randy, I am all set to try to put this reel back into service.  I intend to try to set it up to fish 15-18lbs of drag and fish 65lb spectra, with a 50 floro topshot.  Gonna mount it on a 350g Shimano jigging rod, and use it to deep drop live Akule, and deep jig coin jigs on a spreader bar, and butterfly jigs for 20-60lb YFT at the bouys.

I also found a custom wrapped Shimano Tallus TLS-72MH for my hotrodded Penn spinner (from Dan) spooled with 50lb braid. This will be used for tossing topwaters, and surface jigs, as well as some mid and deep water jigging.  

Also found a custom wrapped, fully rollered CalStar 660SH to fish my hot-rodded Senator 6/0 spooled with straight 50 floro.  My other hot-rodded 6/0 Is on a stock Shimano standup rod.  These guys will be used for surface trolling flys, chunking, and live lining Akule.  

These 50 class set ups should work for catching the 20-60lb Shibis we have around the fads this time of year.

I have been busy messing with my boat, and one evening of catching live bait this past week, so I haven't had a chance to break the 12h down yet.  I plan to get to it soon though, so I can get parts before next weekend.  I will provide an update when available.

Thanks again to Ted & Randy for hooking me up with a sweet little reel.  

John
Hope springs eternal

thorhammer

Very interested to see this one. Kudus to all parties concerned.

David Hall

The sky is the limit with these reels.  2 speed conversions, bigger drag systems.  Balancing, casting bearings.
I got two words for you.
Cal Sheets.