CA Yellowtail season?

Started by pjstevko, November 04, 2017, 04:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenx

Unfortunately, you just missed some wide open yellowtail fishing in San Diego. From Late December to to early January the half day boats where catching 100+ yellows during the morning sessions. The bite shut off after that last storm.

pjstevko

From what I've read here and a few other places it seems April is about the worst month to target yellowtail so I guess I'll wait until the fall to increase my chances of catching a yellowtail..... Maybe I'll just go lingcod and rockfish fishing in April

swill88

PJ, Don't forget salmon fishing in April. Some offer rockfish/salmon combo trips.

Steve

scrinch

Quote from: pjstevko on January 19, 2018, 03:51:59 AM
From what I've read here and a few other places it seems April is about the worst month to target yellowtail so I guess I'll wait until the fall to increase my chances of catching a yellowtail..... Maybe I'll just go lingcod and rockfish fishing in April

April is prime time for yellowtail down in southern Baja...East Cape, La Paz, Loreto.

MarkT

My son with one in May of '17. Caught off south San Clemente down by where the Nixon Western White House was located.

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!