Salt Lake City/Utah Fishing Options

Started by dangalang, November 04, 2017, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangalang

Hi everyone,

I just moved to SLC from the Bay Area. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest fishing options within 2-3 hours of SLC. Techniques, species, etc., I'm open to anything. Thanks!

-Tim

alantani

Yeah, Half Moon Bay when you come back to visit! Let us know when you are coming back to town! Safe travels!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hamachi

Flaming gorge Reservoir has some huge trout from shore. Light line big lures! Desperado inflated night crawler! You might have to become a fly fisherman!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

ez2cdave

Quote from: dangalang on November 04, 2017, 11:50:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I just moved to SLC from the Bay Area. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest fishing options within 2-3 hours of SLC. Techniques, species, etc., I'm open to anything. Thanks!

-Tim

Hmm . . . 2-3 hours by car or 2-3 hours by air ?

Tight Lines !

dangalang

Quote from: Hamachi on November 05, 2017, 03:26:57 AM
You might have to become a fly fisherman!

I was afraid of that ;D Thanks for the info Warren!

dangalang

Quote from: ez2cdave on November 06, 2017, 01:31:31 AM
Quote from: dangalang on November 04, 2017, 11:50:06 PM
Hi everyone,

-Tim

Hmm . . . 2-3 hours by car or 2-3 hours by air ?

Tight Lines !

2-3 hours by car.

happyhooker

About 35 yrs. ago, I was going from SLC to Yellowstone, and I remembering thinking the highway (US 89?) from Logan all the way to Bear Lake looked like some of the fishingest country.

Bear Lake has some history too--site of at least one of the fur trapper "rendezvous" in the early 19th Cent.

Frank