Calcutta Te201 one part place..

Started by pachuc, November 05, 2017, 08:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pachuc

It's not threaded inside... it's just 'flat'

JRD if you find it  - please post a photo here..

JRD

Mine is missing from my te200.  Now it's apart I remember having the same issue you did.  I serviced a used reel and missed that spacer when reassembling, it came loose and wedged in the thumb bar linkage.  It goes right where the pick is pointed on the take down bar.  I know it's still in my 100 conquest. 

I'm guessing from the condition of yours it came into conflict with your gear and got chewed up which accounts for your noise.

pachuc

BINGO!

is it better to put it back in there or just remove it....? hope that it would not be lose again... i think that you are 100% right JRD.... when i started to use the reel... it gave some strange noises.. clutch was stucked.. a bit..

i opened it and could see that yoke was broken.... i did change it... now it works..  it's quiet noisy... as for me.... but maybe i can improove it somehow??

can't see that gears are so much used etc.

Thanks!

JRD

Mine works fine without it, although Shimano's engineers probably had a good reason for including it.  You could try lapping the gears, check them for chips or dings.  The gears may also quiet down after use.

oc1

.... or the noise could be in the level wind
-steve