In dire need of this unknown big game reel seat or complete butt

Started by 1badf350, November 07, 2017, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Guys I need one of these.
It is equivalent in size to a Varmac RS6H. The rod ferrule is i tiny bit bigger diameter than a RS6H and the depth of the base of the ferrule to the flare is shorter.
I do not need a ferrule because I already have a rod with ferrule. But I will pay to get a complete set if I have to.
Thank you.
-Chris

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

1badf350

more pics
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

thorhammer

Hey brother, what are you trying to do? Is this one bad or are you just hunting one to finish an orphaned front end? Not that it matters, I'll keep my eyes open. Those bigunz don't surface too often as you well know.

John

1badf350

The one pictured is on one of my complete rods. I have another identical rod top that needs a butt. Thanks for any help you can provide!
-Chris

thorhammer

1badf350

Here are some measurements in different units. MM, inches, fractions)
Turns out the ferrule diameter is the same as a varmac rs6h but the depth of the ferrule is shorter. Also the threads are a little finer than a varmac

-Chris

thorhammer

1badf350

-Chris

thorhammer

My DA just reread title of post lol. 

Lakeland it may be.  I don't see a whole lot of those old butts down here. Regrettably the flea markets and mom n pop tackle stores that would have dusty treasures are disappearing. I can name five gone from nags head off top of my head where I used to find vintage stuff, Magnaflex, Honey Lami's, etc

UKChris

I have a Lakeland on my 50lb rod as well as a couple of pictures in old catalogues and they don't have the knurling on the hoods. Of course, that doesn't mean this isn't a Lakeland but not one I'd seen before (though big game gear is much rare here in the UK).

Good luck on the search and if I spot anything on UK eBay I'll come back.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

1badf350

I recently confirmed it is an early Lakeland 9163M they sold to Fenwick for their rods. The later models will fit fine but no knurling.
-Chris

UKChris

Thank you for that snippet of information - always learning something new from you guys.

Swami805

There's a guy on ebay that sells lakeland reel seats, haven't seen one like that though. Might ask him if he has one.
Also there's a site rodbuilding.org that might be worth a try. Nice group of fellas there and I've gotten some very hard to find old stuff for restorations from a couple old timers. Worth a try anyway.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

I likely have a reel seat that will fit but it a slide over reels seat and not jointed like the one you have. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D