Clash

Started by Scattergun2570, November 08, 2017, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Quote from: johndtuttle on November 19, 2017, 05:52:55 AM
Yea, you just have to understand for all of AH's knowledge he can go off the deep end on stuff that simply doesn't matter sometimes or is contradictory to opinions he has previously posted.

After awhile nearly everyone knows to take the solid information from any review for what its worth to themselves and leave the nit-picking.

But I am a very "glass half full" sort of guy in that regard.

And you have to realize its no "huge design flaw" lol (I laugh because AH presents it like "OMG" when its nothing, so not surprised a newbie thinks that it was some kind of big deal).

Best

I am curious,,which other Penn reels have that same setup?

johndtuttle

Battle, Battle II, Conflict, Conflict II, Clash.

You can see the simpler straight brass spindle in the Sargus and Pursuit (less expensive reels).

Abu Garcia, Daiwa, Fin Nor, Okuma, Quantum, Shimano, Van Staal et al use bearings in/under the spool too, albeit more commonly inside the spool rather than mounted on the shaft, but the same principle, just arranged differently.

Buncha freshwater co's do too in more expensive reels, but I really don't care about them to trouble to list them.

best :)

MarkT

Do they actually work as bearings in those other reels or do they just act as bushings like in the Clash?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!