Crack 200

Started by Alto Mare, November 09, 2017, 04:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handyandy

Sal thanks for the pics I was just curious never seen one in person to know and hard to really say from pictures when they aren't next to something else I know the size of. Your tutorial and break down has me eye balling these beauties, and wanting to buy one off the old fleabay for myself. Was just trying to gather an idea what I might use it to fish for. You two speed super looks awesome.

Alto Mare

Never a problem Andy.
My opinion to you is to grab one. :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handyandy

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal, some on the fleabay, but not many. Just out of curiosity what are you using for a punch set? That is one tool kit I'm missing from my arsenal of tools. I've been considering buying one as it would be very handy for cutting out drag disc. There have been plenty of times when I've been working on engines one could have come in handy when I've made my own gaskets for odd ball engine parts. I don't mind spending a little bit for quality tools and I've been eyeing a few different punch sets, but figured I'd ask what you've been using as you seem to use it quite frequently in your tutorials for drag disc that always look nice.

Alto Mare

Yes I use mine a lot. If you're only doing a few at a time you could  get away with anything, as I'll show here.
You just need too get creative :)
The part from the faucet did great for me, you'll just need to keep it sharp

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7996.msg136641#msg136641

One day I happen to be at the right place at the right time and scored these:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7996.msg195982#msg195982
These cutters were recommended to me from friends here, but were always so expensive.
I was happy when I found those.

Good luck!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Frank

"First thing I want to mention, the plate screws are very tiny and soft, not one screwdriver that I own fit the slots on those screw"

Sal, I own several of these reels and I have never been able to find replacement screws for the sideplate. By any chance were you able to tell what that thread size is?

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Alto Mare

Sorry Frank, I don't. I do have a friend in Italy that is a huge collector on these, he should know. I will ask him when I get a chance.

If you're not collecting and fishing these, I would probably dill them and tap to a more common size, that would be best.

Sal

Frank

Thanks Sal. Several years back I went as far as sending the screws to a fastener supply company and they couldn't figure out what they are. I think I'll take your advice and tap them to a common thread size.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

joe k

hey Sal.. Ive got got a couple crack 100 reels...one has a a screw into handle coller.. other one does not...and there looks like there was some kinds of felt ring around base of spool.. if you happen to talk to your friend about these reels ..could you ask if felt ring replaceable..or might have a replacement he might want to sell...and what about screw and determening period built...reply backs appreciated..Joe from Massachusetts

Alto Mare

Hello Joe, I never looked at the 100 and dont even have one,  so I couldn't answer you.
I'm pretty sure one of the members will chime in, if anyone knows it's him.

Tommy?

Midway Tommy

I don't have a Crack 100, I just have 2 Luxor As & 1 Luxor B. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I was into them so things are vague. If I remember right they had a white/gray felt washer that is used as a dust protector. You may have to make one & dampen it to install it. Those parts are pretty obsolete around here.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Alto Mare

Quote from: Midway Tommy on February 06, 2020, 03:26:02 AM
I don't have a Crack 100, I just have 2 Luxor As & 1 Luxor B. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I was into them so things are vague. If I remember right they had a white/gray felt washer that is used as a dust protector. You may have to make one & dampen it to install it. Those parts are pretty obsolete around here.
Sorry Tommy, I thought the little guys you've shown us in the past were 100's...didn't mean to put you on the spot.

Joe, I'm going to try to contact my buddy and see if he has any information.

Sal

Alto Mare

Ok, I just contacted my buddy and he answered within  minutes :)...unusual
He basically just sent some drawings which might help:

He also sent others and I will post them here...just in case someone needs them:

He does not see any washers, as you've mentioned and asked if you could send a pic showing it.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, we could usually make our own.

It is written in Italian, I could help or you could translate online.

Sal

Midway Tommy

The felt washer is #129 on the 100 schematic and goes between the pinion and rotor. I couldn't remove the pinion, I'm pretty sure it's pressed into the rotor. You can see it when you enlarge (by clicking on them( twice)) either these two photos.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Alto Mare

Hey Tommy,
I think Joe was asking about the handle, unless I got it wrong.
The 100 parts list does show both, as he mentioned.
You could blearily see the layout and Joe was correct, two completely different design with the knob.
The felt washer under the spool is nothing new, I have seen them before.
You are showing the rotor, bug joe meant the spool.
Those are better off replaced with something different for when the time comes.
You could use Teflon or Delrin... a much better choice in my opinion.

Tommy, I haven't removed it yet, but I believe that pinion has threads and are reversed.
Youveould need to go click wise to remove it.

Sal

Midway Tommy

Joe also asked this:
Quoteand there looks like there was some kinds of felt ring around base of spool..
I figured he must have been asking about the felt washer between the pinion and the rotor.  :-\

Tommy D (ORCA), NE