Funkadelic Everol

Started by day0ne, November 09, 2017, 06:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

That's one nice set up. Sure, plain Jane will catch fish but something about looking at that everol just makes you happy.  It couldn't have found a better home.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

FatTuna

This might be a good technique for cleaning up banged up old Internationals. Hide all the rash with a layer of film.

oc1

Thank you for the explanation an the video link Daron.  I'm behind the times and just realized my new Crocs were hydro dipped.  That's not quite like having a new Everol though.  May it bring you the best of luck on the beach.
-steve

Alto Mare

Yes, that is one unique reel, enjoy it Daron.
I've seen that dipping process a while back, Is it expensive?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gumpie44

What A Perfect Reel For An Everol Collector...... Just When You Think You Have Seen Everything Along Comes Something Like This. Can See Lots Of Applications Where This Would Work.  Back In The Day You Could Buy A decal, That Was Film On Paper You Soaked In Water And Applied to A Surface.  Back In My Day You Would Stop A Stuckeys On Route 66 And Buy A Decal From All The States You Had Visited....Like A Tattoo For Your Ride. Hope Your Special Reel Brings Much Joy And Many Fish.
Barry   8)
Barry
Carpe  Diem   The Days Go Fast

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 11, 2017, 12:03:34 PM

Sal
It wasn't for me. The price on that reel was already good.
Barrett rods charge $250 for this service, but evidently this guy is on the inside.
I got the plate too for $100, It alone without customizing is usually $200.
I haven't purchased the rod, but I guess I should.
It is $550 shipped, Normally $750 from Barrett.
I've always wanted one, but shyed away from the price.
The Hydro dipping materials look pretty inexpensive. Probably $50 to get started, but it looks to me like it would take lots of practice to be good at it.
This rod is no joke.
Life is Good!

Benni3

reading street art when fishing,,,it's good to know who's turf your on,,,,this is a very cool set up  ;D

Donnyboat

Glad its yours Daron, beautiful injoy, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Tiddlerbasher

Daron I can't think of anyone more deserving of this reel than you :)

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 11, 2017, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on November 11, 2017, 12:03:34 PM

Sal
I have seen custom rods but none this cool
It wasn't for me. The price on that reel was already good.
Barrett rods charge $250 for this service, but evidently this guy is on the inside.
I got the plate too for $100, It alone without customizing is usually $200.
I haven't purchased the rod, but I guess I should.
It is $550 shipped, Normally $750 from Barrett.
I've always wanted one, but shyed away from the price.
The Hydro dipping materials look pretty inexpensive. Probably $50 to get started, but it looks to me like it would take lots of practice to be good at it.
This rod is no joke.

that's the coolest custom rod ever  ;D

thorhammer

Cmon man it says shark on the rod. Pull the trigger. 

David Hall

It's a set Daron!  Don't break up the band.

oc1

No rod?  I think you have to keep it as a set too.  It just wouldn't be right.  C'mon... we'll crowd source it and everyone kick in a few bucks.
-steve

Shark Hunter

It is paid for.
I have a Monster Shark Series Barrett in my Arsenal.
Holy Cow!
I need help. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

You're the man fir this job.  As best I can see those guides are from Winthrop Tool, the best made.  With tip guides alone would've pushed three bills to order, and that appears to be a Winthrop butt as well though hard fir me to see. Gutsy move, Mav.