P-line

Started by Scattergun2570, November 09, 2017, 08:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Has anyone here ever used the P-Line TCB 8 Te&lon Coated Braid? Would love to hear opinions.

Bryan Young

Have not but Alan spools many reels with p-line braid.  Very affordable and very capable braid.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Look for knots and other inconsistencies in the line. You'll find them on occasion.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Scattergun2570

Quote from: alantani on November 09, 2017, 05:38:51 PM
Look for knots and other inconsistencies in the line. You'll find them on occasion.

So do you recommend it or is something I should stay away from?

alantani

if a shop is spooling it on for you, it's ok as long as they are checking for "bumps" in the line.  likewise if you are buying a large spool at a discount price and can afford to have a little wasted.  if the price is comparable with other well known brands, get the brand name stuff. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

I've never used or seen their braid. I like their CXX line. I've mostly switched to Izor XXX from CXX. It's similar but cheaper.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

I got a few leader spools of their 20 & 30lb floro because that's all they had. Always used seagar but really liked their floro. always looked at their line as a cheapy but I liked that floro better than seagar. I'd try some first,maybe a 150yd spool and see how you like it. I was suprised how well the floro performed.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gobi King

I bought 1500 yards of 50 lb of pline tcb, I am going to spool few of my all smaller reels this weekend, I will update this thread after I am done.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan