Penn 130 International Service

Started by GORDASKIPPER, November 13, 2017, 01:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GORDASKIPPER

I need an idea of the labor cost to replace some parts on my vintage late 70's early 80's Penn International 130 single speed? I live in Houston needing someone with experience with these reels? I was corresponding with a guy on here put he won't call back and or reply to my emails not sure why?

akfish

It's going be expensive -- say at least $75 for labor -- but without having the reel in my hands I have no idea what it needs or whether the needed parts are even available. If there is anyone local that you can show the reel to you'll get a much better estimate than sight unseen online.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

handi2

Greg I answered your last email asking if you had mailed the reel yet. I have ordered some of the parts.

When I get the reel broken down I can tell you more on what it needs. The bearings in those reels are very good "aircraft quality".

You had told me all the screws came loose so it may be a Breeze.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tightlines667

Wasn't me.

You are in good hands with Keith.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

handi2

Greg I received the reel today and here is how it looks. I was expecting much worse.

There are only 2 bad bearings. They go on the shaft of the main gear. The outer bearing is exposed to saltwater and was not protected. It will be this time.

The reel looks great to me.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

are you going to replace the old drag washers with dura drags?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL

Rivverrat

I must eventually have one of these. Some of the fitting of metal that goes into them is not seen today... Jeff