Old reel I.D.

Started by TEAMFISH, December 16, 2017, 11:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEAMFISH

This thing look familiar to anyone? Only words on it are "Quick-a-part"
No drags, complete knuckle buster.

foakes

Likely Rochester, Carlton, or a trade reel made by Rochester and unmarked except for the Quick-A-Part thumbscrew feature.

A little over 100 years old -- most were German Silver.

A few companies made take apart reels, including Meisselbach.

Probably a Google search under the above companies would yield more accurate ID.  I probably have a few of these that I will be making lamps out of this Winter.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

TEAMFISH

100+ years old, wow. Any idea on what it may fetch as far as a collectors item?

philaroman

for ID of old unmarked knuckle-busters, show a couple clear photos of the foot & how it's attached to the frame (can be very distinctive to individual OEMs) & ask on ORCA

...but, most likely, VALUE = LAMP BASE

...and that's IF someone like Fred throws in some supplies + elbow grease

TEAMFISH

Well I'm good on lamp bases. Couple more pics in case it helps

Midway Tommy

Most likely made by Montague in the early/mid 1910s.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

If I wasn't in rehab I'd pay forty or fifty bucks for it.  The smaller 40 yard baitcasters of that age are hot right now and go for more.  The 100 yard size might go for a little less than yours.
-steve

philaroman

Quote from: oc1 on December 17, 2017, 07:50:21 AM
If I wasn't in rehab I'd pay forty or fifty bucks for it.  The smaller 40 yard baitcasters of that age are hot right now and go for more.  The 100 yard size might go for a little less than yours.
-steve

Really?  ...that's what I get for spouting decade-old opinions

Good to know, though -- I have a cute little 40 somewhere (unmarked Hendryx?)...  the thing's so tiny, it looks like a tree ornament, if it weren't for the WEIGHT

TEAMFISH