Is an Ugly Stick Tiger spinning rod in good condition worth $35?

Started by thorhammer, November 13, 2017, 10:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Well done John, good score, last weekend I picked up 8 reels 4 rods for AU $140.00, 4 javis Walker reels the largest 7500 the smallest 5,000, also a shimano triton TLD15 with maching rod, a Daiawa sealine 250 with maching rod, & a Penn 113H with a Penn standup rod, the chap also gave me a flexable outboard cover for a Suzuke 175, four stroke,  have to have a win some times, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

thorhammer

Don don't know what exchange rate is, but that sounds like a score. I bet the 113H combo is worth that alone...

thorhammer

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on November 16, 2017, 08:15:28 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on November 14, 2017, 02:38:02 PM
No conscience on this one rig...however, the guy had Abu 5600 and classic 5500, both VGC, on decent rods, $35 each, AND a VGC Calcutta 50 on a Falcon rod for $40....I was going to take everything, and may have felt a twinge of guilt on the Shimano, but another customer saved me from my self-loathing.

Ted, after appraising the display situation, I'm building another 48 rod rack at the cabin to hold my 9's and 209's, so that will ease some pressure on the current racks.

Bill, if the cops get me for that 705Z, they will surely be interested in my still-smoking VGC Newell 545 I bought for $20. :)

Joe, it is indeed one of those bakkards reels....I bought it to gift it to my southpaw bassfishing buddy when we go surf fishing, he reels my stuff upside down just to pi$$ me off, lol.

I'm with everyone else, you hosed that guy on the 705Z and freebie rod at $35. But a Newell 546(?) for $20! Now that's robbery. You scored for sure!

Correct, 546. I scored a Tiger rod for $10 and rewrapped with Perfection guides and ole-skool Trimar to complete the ole-skool rig. I think I have $40 in the whole rig and it works nice free-lining a bait as dead-stick set-up.

Donnyboat

Very good, nice set up, thanks for showing, the exchange rate, from American Dollar to Aussie dollar, the aussie dollar is worth, 76 cents, so if we bye anything in the US, then we pay 1.25, or there abouts, If an American buys something in Australia, they pay 76 C, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

The Great Maudu

thorhammer

I would've paid double to keep Papa Smurf from reeling my SS's upside down just to piss me off.....lol. He leaves the plastic on his new rod handles because he knows I'll lose my mind. That's my neighbor, Dennis the Menace...we were on a cruise once and all these young ladies roll up and go "Hi, Papa Smurf!!!....he wasn't amused and I about peed my pants laughing.