Crack 300

Started by Alto Mare, November 13, 2017, 10:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Dominick on November 19, 2017, 01:45:53 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on November 15, 2017, 04:42:45 AM
Did someone crack a joke?

Or a wisecrack...  Dominick

Careful now ;) , there may be a plumber or two lurking.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

Pipe down--plumbers don't lurk, they just stand around and sweat* a lot.

Frank

*solder

happyhooker

Sal, if you got a PDF of that manual, maybe you could PM it to Decker & let him post it (?)

Frank

Alto Mare

This one is done, for those interested, I kept adding pics so, you will need to start from the very top.

Enjoy it!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

happyhooker

This one is done, for those interested, I kept adding pics so, you will need to start from the very top.

Thanks for the additional pics & the manual copy.  So interesting.

Frank

Captain64-200

My dad  (I still have it)   fished  30 years using  the "LUXOR" mer et  saumon (sea & salmon)  which is the same as the crack 300 , on a 28" rod half-bamboo half fiberglass (yes  7 meters  ;D )

I have a small one too  for fishing trout ,I will post some photos ,it's  practically new ....
Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 03, 2017, 08:10:50 PM
My dad  (I still have it)   fished  30 years using  the "LUXOR" mer et  saumon (sea & salmon)  which is the same as the crack 300 , on a 28" rod half-bamboo half fiberglass (yes  7 meters  ;D )

I have a small one too  for fishing trout ,I will post some photos ,it's  practically new ....
Cool Fred! post the pics, I would love to see them.

Best,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

You people crack me up!  Greatthread.

oc1

You're a brave sold to go after the spool with a forstner bit Sal.  It turned out great though. 

Welcome Fred.  I want to see the rod sometime.
-steve

Captain64-200

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 03, 2017, 10:12:39 PM
Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 03, 2017, 08:10:50 PM

Cool Fred! post the pics, I would love to see them.

Best,

Sal

Ok Sal  i will .

Quote from: oc1 on December 04, 2017, 05:28:08 AM
You're a brave sold to go after the spool with a forstner bit Sal.  It turned out great though. 

Welcome Fred.  I want to see the rod sometime.
-steve

the rod is long gone to thrash ,but  I will find some shots on the beach featuring my father ... and those looooong rods .
Fred from Biarritz ,

Captain64-200

Better soon than forget --> Here's some pictures ,weight of the big one is 762 grams  that's 1.67 lbs 

Small green LUXOR is 371 grams ( 13 oz)

the small got a interesting extractible spool system ( Keeps intact drag settings  )

Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Cool little reel Fred, along with some great pics. Thanks for posting!...interesting little guy.

Best,

Sal

Midway Tommy

the small got a interesting extractible spool system ( Keeps intact drag settings  )

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that feature unique to the "Supreme" line?
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Captain64-200

Quote from: Midway Tommy on December 04, 2017, 06:18:36 PM

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that feature unique to the "Supreme" line?

Yes ,I suppose ...I don't have any other from this line/period  .  N°2 R  & N°2 L  were two variations of gear ratio for this model  "R" for rapide (high speed) an   d "L" for  lent (slow )
Fred from Biarritz ,