Ramp Monsters Fishing

Started by handi2, November 13, 2017, 10:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I ran across this thru a link.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

STRIPER LOU

WOW! Now that's some serious fish and up the river besides. There must be a ton of bait up there. Keith, that thing would have pulled me in!!!! ;D

...............Lou

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Smols

Amazing! That is one heck of a fish in that small river! What kind of reel is he using?

David Hall

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Smols on November 14, 2017, 03:46:57 AM
Amazing! That is one heck of a fish in that small river! What kind of reel is he using?

That first reel he starts with is Definitely a 12/0 Senator. The Black and Gold one on that Massive roller rod is a Shimano Triton Beast Master.
Definitely Old School. ;)
Life is Good!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Rancanfish

Why would you need such a large reel?  Longest run seemed about 50 yards.

The Tank woulda whooped some grouper butt.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

oc1

Now, there's something you don't see every day.  Get that guy a belly plate.
-steve

CapeFish

Quote from: oc1 on November 14, 2017, 05:57:27 AM
Now, there's something you don't see every day.  Get that guy a belly plate.
-steve

I was going to say, do they not have gonads (I am trying not to break the 12 year old rule). Very impressive fish but you honestly have to wonder what the plan is here with such a long but rod wedged between the legs? They can bring that fish out much quicker by using a rod bucket/harness and much easier. Amazing stuff on youtube, they should put a "lack of common sense" warning on some of these videos. Maybe I am missing something and this is a unique fishing style? Maybe they are monks from a fishing monastery and they are chastising themselves for their sins like the knights templar that wore scratchy sheep skin underwear  ::)

Alto Mare

I hear what you guys are saying, but you got to admit the fish was brought in and still strong when he released it.
I'm not sure I was going to lean forward and put my arm in the water though, I've seen those take in a hole shark in one gulp :-\

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=grouper+eats+a+shark+in+one+gulp&qpvt=grouper+eats+a+shark+in+one+gulp&view=detail&mid=84F657B029D1538EA02D84F657B029D1538EA02D&FORM=VRDGAR

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

That is or was the resident Jewfish at the 15th Street boat ramp in Fort Lauderdale. He has lived there for a while and eats the fish carcasses that people throw in when they clean fish at the ramp. The ramp is very close to Port Everglades and not very far "up river". Neat stuff from shoreline fishing although it is like catching your pet.

Crow

I wonder how many "small (or NOT so small!) pets" go missing around there ?!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

gstours

Thanks for the video,  and not bad,  I mean fairly well done,  impromptu stuff.  We have resident sea lions  where I live,butt we would get in trouble as they are protected mammals,  but they would put on a pretty good fight.   The charter boats clean their fish daily and throw the carcasses over the side,   some think its cute to lay the carcass on their swim step and make them jump up onto their boat for a snack.

I was thinking a shark or sturgeon at first when watching the guy?    Notice his chums were sorta laid back.   Looked like some free fun.

Bill B

What a coincidence I watched a couple of his videos this weekend and some other Florida grouper fishermen....all seemed to have the same sit on the butt and pull hard technique.......I wouldnt use that style of fishing without a cup  :o    Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!