New Tiburon Extra Narrow (1 5/8") 113H YoYo Kits for the 4/0 Penn Senator

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 14, 2017, 12:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We are meeting with Tiburon on Thursday to talk with them about producing a limited run of extra narrow frame and spool kits for the Penn 113H Senator series.  These kits would have an effective frame width of 1 5/8" wide, as compared to 2 1/8" wide for the current T4N Yellowtail Special, and 2 7/16" wide for the stock 4/0 Senator, with corresponding weight reduction and improved ease of use.  If this project gets the green light, we would expect to deliver them in early Spring.

As most of you know, the Penn 113H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It is easily capable of fishing 60 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available here on Alantani.com.  The extra narrow Tiburon spool, machined from a solid billet of aluminum and lightened wherever possible without sacrificing strength, will hold as much or more 65 lb. Spectra as a full-size 6/0 Senator holds of 60 lb. mono, providing sufficient line capacity for almost any West Coast species to be found on any local or long range trip within five day range.

We would like to get a feel for your level of interest before we make a commitment and decide upon a quantity of kits to produce.  We are not asking for any firm orders at this point, but we would appreciate it if you would please let us know if you might be a buyer.  We would estimate the selling price to be in the vicinity of $150 for the complete kit (frame, spool and rod clamp kit), and expect that shipping would be $4 to anywhere in the USA including Hawaii, Alaska and any of the Territories served by USPS.  We will ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage.

Except for the lack of any provision for harness lugs, the Tiburon frames would be exactly the same design as the current "new-style" Tiburon topless Senator frames (designed to be used without the inner trim rings), and would be compatible with all stock Made in the USA Penn 4/0 Senator side plates (black and red).  They would also work with the "new style" Cortez Conversion side plates and with Lee Pro side plates.  They would not work with Chinese Senator side plates or with Accurate Accuplates.  If there is enough demand, we would also consider making some frames in the "old-style" to work with the Accuplates.  Please let us know if you have any Accuplates looking for a frame.

We are also looking for suggestions for naming this kit, for the graphics, and to get a feel for the color selection.  Yellowtail Special would be too confusing.  This would be a dynamite YoYo reel, but we already used YoYo Special.  It would be easiest to run all of the kits in one color, and silver goes with just about any color side plates, but I think that we could also do any other standard Tiburon color (electric blue, cobalt, dark green, red, purple and black) by special order if you can wait for Tiburon next run of product in that color.

We are hoping for your input.  Please let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Randy

redsetta

This is terrific Randy - I'd definitely be interested!
Thanks, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

STRIPER LOU

Very cool Randy! Black would be nice if your going to use stock Penn plates, and of course colors to match Tom's plates would be great too! I'd be in for at least a couple sets. Man I wish somebody could talk Tom into doing 113H plates in purple! ;D

I have a feeling you'll get plenty of interest on this.

Have a great evening,  ..  Lou

ReelFishingProblems

steelfish

Yay !!  I dont need one, but I want one, count me in

that would look cool in Sea of Cortez, I imagine that like a mini 349, tall and supernarrow

The Baja Guy

broadway

Interested! A silver would be nice... and maybe another color too. ;)
Thanks
Dom

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

I don't need it but I got to have at least one.......or two.........or....   Silver or Ice Blue or both.                Rudy

Maxed Out

yes silver and or red or both and yes I'll take 3 please.....Oink Oink.  ;D ;D

As far as a name goes, how about "RP Special"

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

JRD

vilters

yeah I'd like a kit! prefer red, silver ok, black good too. thanks Randy

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.