New Tiburon Extra Narrow (1 5/8") 113H YoYo Kits for the 4/0 Penn Senator

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 14, 2017, 12:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacRat

I'm in. Ditto on silver or black in that order. Blue might be nice to match our YoYo Specials.
-Mike

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

jlezama

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Decker

Sounds very interesting... Could someone explain what fishing situation this reel would suit?  Narrow for less line leveling.  With stock gears, a winch.   Grouper?

steelfish

Quote from: Decker on November 15, 2017, 07:36:39 PM
Sounds very interesting... Could someone explain what fishing situation this reel would suit?  Narrow for less line leveling.  With stock gears, a winch.   Grouper?

kind of what I was thinking to do with it amigo, Decker, I dont know the rest.

there are some medium sized groupers living in shallow waters in north sea of cortez, we call them Cabrillas (google cabrilla groupers) almost all pics you will find are from this zones of the sea of cortez, the Baja Special is perfect for that, as well as the YTS narrow 113h, but a 113HNN would be da Bomb, ligther, thiner and as strong as the old mighty 113h with all the current goods, but Im planning to use some old stock SS gears for winch power.
you might notice that Im after a makaira 15, thats one of the reason to get the reel, for the cabrillas on shallow water with 100# braid on a strong small tanked out reel, but I also wanted a extra line capacity for double duty on deep reefs, other way I woould have choosen the mak10.

The Baja Guy

mo65

Sounds very interesting... Could someone explain what fishing situation this reel would suit? 

I'm guessing there are many situations this mod would suite. I can see this being just the ticket for river fishing. The way we fish, not so much line is needed, so a narrow lighter spool works great. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Sounds very interesting... Could someone explain what fishing situation this reel would suit?  Narrow for less line leveling.  With stock gears, a winch.   Grouper?

For the Pacific NW mid depth (200'-300') halibut, rockfish and lingcod and I can see a use for mid depth yellowtail if speed is not required.  Look at the 113HNN reel as a 349 "lite" or a 501 "magnum".  Small/mid size grouper would be another use, especially with the other upgrades that we have come up with for the 113H.  The 113H is stronger than a Jigmaster, about the same strength as a 349 and with Spectra the line capacity of these reels will be enough for most uses targeting mid size fish in 50'-300' depths.  My largest Pacific halibut caught on a 113H was over 5' and a bit over 100 pounds, I cut her loose because I do not like killing large hen halibut, the stock 113H had no problems landing this fish and a "tanked" metal framed 113HNN should do most grouper.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Army_of_One

Snapper as well here in FL.
Another day in Paradise!