Can't find the thread !

Started by Crow, November 14, 2017, 03:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Today, we were discussing taps....for making a star wheel.....and I "lost" the thread, but, I *think* the size was 1/2 " -32........here's a link:
http://www.victornet.com/searchresults.html?q=1%2F2+%22+-32+tap#
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Crow on November 14, 2017, 03:22:41 AM
   Today, we were discussing taps....for making a star wheel.....and I "lost" the thread, but, I *think* the size was 1/2 " -32........here's a link:
http://www.victornet.com/searchresults.html?q=1%2F2+%22+-32+tap#

The 1/2"-32 used in the 113H is quite common.  The jigmaster fine is nearly as common, but the coarse jigmaster is next to impossible to find.  The 114H and up all use buttress threads, for which there are no commercially available taps. 

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

STRIPER LOU

Crow, that's the place I tried for the coarse JM tap. I think they wanted $110. if I'm not mistaken. I believe it was a custom cut. The 1/2 -32 is reasonably priced.

Doc is correct and pretty much any thread could be cut on the lathe if taps aren't available. The problem becomes the time involved, especially with so many project going on here.

Guys tell me they're board since retirement, ... That has never been the problem here! The only time I'm bored is 9 at night when I quit working and cant find a decent program to watch on TV!

Thanks for providing the link and the info.

.................Lou

Crow

At 9:00, I'm going to bed....no matter WHAT is on TV  ;D

As to retirement being boring.....I don't know how I ever had time to hold down a job  ???, between the "have to's", and the "want to's", there aren't enough hours in the day....even if I DID stay up past 9:00 !

oc1

Crow, when you can't find a thread that you already posted to click the PROFILE button above, then click SHOW POSTS on the left.  It will be right there.
-steve

Crow

Thanks, Steve !  This "technology stuff" baffles the heck out of me . For a long time, I *thought* that a lot of the stuff I posted was REALLY important, 'cause it was underlined in red ;)!