Star S7000/S8000 spinning reel

Started by STRIPER LOU, November 14, 2017, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Hi All, 

I have a customer interested in the Star spinner S series. He asked how they were and I couldn't give him an answer. We sell a lot of Fin-Nors at the shop and they work out well for us.

Some reviews were not great but I'm looking for someone who has actually put it thru its paces. I don't think it would be a reel for me as I'm not crazy about a manual bail or manual pickup.
Reason being, when I'm in busting fish, I don't want to have to play with anything extra. There's always a spinning rod on the boat but its mostly for convenience. Its definitely not my go too but on occasion it has its place.
If you've tried one or know of someone that has, please be so kind to share your experience!

Thanks,  ..  Lou

akfish

There is quite a bit of discussion of Star reels on the Vintage Penn site. They are well thought of...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

STRIPER LOU

Do you have a link by any chance. For some reason I couldn't find the article.

Thanks,  ..  Lou

STRIPER LOU

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=star+S7000+reviews&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001#id=1&vid=83e486e83bb901825e0e5cd15b405631&action=view

Read this review.  Although I don't usually base opinions on a teardown, this guy went over the construction very well. The old 704Z came out on top, ... not surprising, is it!

...............Lou

akfish

Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska