Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Welcome Jaro.......Bill,  Southern California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ez2cdave

Quote from: hawkwind on November 16, 2017, 09:08:48 AM
Hello guys.
I am from Czech republic, I fish now for 6 years after 25 years of not doing so, but I used to as a small boy. I honestly dont know why I didnt, but I sure missed is as hell.

Cheers.  Jaro

Hello, Jaro, and welcome to the Forum . . . My name is Dave from North Carolina on th East Coast of the USA !

Since you are from the Czech Republic, I have a favor I would like to ask of you .

Would you be able to translate a magazine article, written in Czech, into English ?  There are also some words on drawings.

I will attach them . . . Please let me know !

ez2cdave

Thank you for looking at this information for me, Jaro !

Welcome, again, my friend !

Tight Lines !

Dave

hawkwind

I can translate it for you, but its a lot of work.  I know well the magazine, I used to have a subscription when I was a kid and loved it and build lots of models from the plans which were always attached.

Jaro

hawkwind

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on December 07, 2017, 04:56:40 AM
Welcome Jaro.......Bill,  Southern California

Is that Salmon you have there on the picture?  We have just reintroduced it into our biggest river. The program goes for about 10 years and there are big ones to catch (even thou accidentally - as they are protected whole year).

Jaro

Captain64-200

Vítejte Jaro  !

Fred from southern France  :)
Fred from Biarritz ,

hawkwind

How does the Rhone catfsh do for you Fred?  Do they make good catch?

Jaro

Captain64-200

I don't know Jaro  , there's not much catfishing in my area .  I live in the SW by the sea , at least 500 miles from the Rhone  ;)
Fred from Biarritz ,

Alto Mare

Quote from: hawkwind on December 06, 2017, 08:39:41 PM

Doesnt look that big :D but it was 50pounder  ;D

Jaro
Well, if that's a 50 pounder you must be pushing 250...just kidding ;D
Welcome aboard!

Sal, from PA.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Welcome from Santa Barbara! Hope to see some fish pictures in the future. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ez2cdave

Quote from: hawkwind on December 07, 2017, 08:41:53 AM
I can translate it for you, but its a lot of work.  I know well the magazine, I used to have a subscription when I was a kid and loved it and build lots of models from the plans which were always attached.

Jaro

Jaro,

Yes, I know it is a lot of work . . . There is no need for you to hurry !

I am very grateful, after many years without success, of finding someone who can help me with a translation !

Many, MANY Thanks !

hawkwind

Quote from: Captain64-200 on December 07, 2017, 10:34:47 AM
I don't know Jaro  , there's not much catfishing in my area .  I live in the SW by the sea , at least 500 miles from the Rhone  ;)

Well, sea is better I guess  :D

Gobi King

A big hearty welcome from snowy west michigan, usa

Jaro, what species do you fish for and it in rivers mostly?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

hawkwind

Rivers and ponds (for we have no big natural lakes) mostly. Its a small country.  I like catfish, they can grow big and be challenge, or pike and perch. No bass here, but we have zander.  You can only fish for predatros from 16.06.  so before that in year I mostly go carping.

Jaro

ez2cdave

Quote from: hawkwind on December 09, 2017, 11:31:59 AM
Rivers and ponds (for we have no big natural lakes) mostly. Its a small country.  I like catfish, they can grow big and be challenge, or pike and perch. No bass here, but we have zander.  You can only fish for predatros from 16.06.  so before that in year I mostly go carping.

Jaro

Jaro,

Nice Catfish !

Do you have "Hushpuppies" in the Czech Republic ?

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/262/Hush_Puppies7265.shtml

Corn And Onion Hush Puppies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/4 cups yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper if desired
1 can (15 ounce size) creamed corn
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup finely chopped onions

Directions:

In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients. In smaller bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix thoroughly.

Mixture will be very thick. Heat oil in skillet or deep fryer to 375 degrees F.

Using a teaspoon gently slide spoonfuls of mixture into the hot oil. Taking care to hold the spoon close to the oil to prevent splashing the hot oil on you. When mixture starts to stick to spoon, simply rinse in a cup of water. Gently stir at least once to ensure even browning. Remove from oil when deep brown, it takes approx. 3 minutes. Place on paper towels to drain.

***********************************************************************************************

https://iheartrecipes.com/southern-hush-puppies-recipe/

Southern Hush Puppies Recipe

Prep Time
5 minutess

Cook Time
10 minutes

Total Time
15 minutess

I can't wait for this weather to change up, because I truly intend on having several fish fries once the sun starts shining our way! I can see it now, plates full of deep fried catfish, bowls full of seafood boil, collard greens, and homemade southern hush puppies!

Servings: 2 dozen

Author: I Heart Recipes

Ingredients

1 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 cup self rising flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    2 tbsp granulated sugar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 small onion finely diced
    3-4 green onions finely diced
    1 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup regular milk PLUS 2 tsp distilled vinegar
    1 large egg
    2 cup of oil for deep frying

Instructions

Combine the cornmeal, self rising flour, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a large bowl.
    Whisk until everything is lump free then toss in the diced onions.
    Add in the buttermilk ( or substitution), and egg.
    Mix the ingredients until well combined, but don't over mix.
    Pour the oil into a large pan, and heat the oil over medium heat.
    Once the oil is nice and hot, start spooning it the batter.
    Fry the hush puppies until the are nice a golden brown.
    Remove the hush puppies from the oil, and place them on a paper towel lined plate.
    Serve and enjoy!

Tight Lines !