Hello from Czech republic

Started by hawkwind, November 16, 2017, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkwind

No no, this is unknown recipe to me, traditionall for a catfish here is safron sauce and gravy.
;)

j.

twotone

Welcome hawkwind, tell us more about your traditional recipe. Sounds interesting . I like mine plain or with ketchup. Lots of catfish to catch where I live. A subdivision lake catfish. Keep posting your fish pics here on A.T. Thx

twotone

hawkwind

Honestly dont know the actual recipe, I just fry them or grill them :D

You have different catfish, this species was also introduced here, more than 100 years ago, but I suppose its somehow too cold for them, they only grow about 12" big at the most. We call them  "Truman", guess why ?  :D 
Our european catfish - wells can be very big, 160-170 pounds here and up to 2 meters long. In Itally or spain the get bigger and heavier 2,40 m and current record is around 150 kilos, that would be upwards from 300 pounds.  They are also more predatory I suppose, you can catch them with lures.

Jaro

Gobi King

Quote from: hawkwind on December 09, 2017, 11:31:59 AM
Rivers and ponds (for we have no big natural lakes) mostly. Its a small country.  I like catfish, they can grow big and be challenge, or pike and perch. No bass here, but we have zander.  You can only fish for predatros from 16.06.  so before that in year I mostly go carping.

Jaro

Jaro,
Cats are good eating, I used to fish for cats every weekend with my work buddy from Malaysia in Smithville lake dam, MO. We would catch a dozen in a few hours on chicken liver. MI is too polluted I do catch cats here but weary about eating them. I favor farm raised ones instead.

How big are the pike?

zander - funny story about it, here in MI most restaurants have "perch" on the menu, if you look closely, it is actually zander. good eatching either way.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Bryan Young

Wow Jaro.

Those size cats could eat someone easily.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ez2cdave

Quote from: hawkwind on December 10, 2017, 09:18:52 PM
No no, this is unknown recipe to me, traditionall for a catfish here is safron sauce and gravy.
;)

j.

Jaro,

You mean it WAS an unkown recipe to you  . . . "Hushpuppies" are a great tradition in the Southeastern United States.

If you try those Hushpuppy recipes, it is possible that you might become the FIRST "Redneck Czech" ( joke )  in the Czech Republic !

Just in case, here is the definition of the word "redneck"  http://www.dictionary.com/browse/redneck

And a little "mood music" to bring it all together - LOL !

Tight Lines !

hawkwind

I know what a redneck is, if there was a czech version, it would be me. :D

Jaro

happyhooker

This Ariane rocket business interpretation--is that a new initiation procedure?

Frank

ez2cdave

Quote from: happyhooker on December 13, 2017, 09:15:06 PM
This Ariane rocket business interpretation--is that a new initiation procedure?

Frank

Frank,

No, it's a move of "desperation" . . . I've been trying, for over 10 years, to find someone who can translate that for me !

Tight Lines !

hawkwind

Its also a week of work in my free time and honestly I might and I stress word "might" get to it in January. You need the model build instructions or the foreword which is just the rocket history - you can google that.  Worse its plain pictures and no OCR, that is dificult to work with.  The inscriptions on the drawings are polish as it comes from yet another magazine of that time.  I had all issues of the magazine untill recently, when I thrown it all into garbage. Few years ago I might had this in paper form actually.

ez2cdave

Quote from: hawkwind on December 14, 2017, 09:00:46 AM
Its also a week of work in my free time and honestly I might and I stress word "might" get to it in January. You need the model build instructions or the foreword which is just the rocket history - you can google that.  Worse its plain pictures and no OCR, that is dificult to work with.  The inscriptions on the drawings are polish as it comes from yet another magazine of that time.  I had all issues of the magazine untill recently, when I thrown it all into garbage. Few years ago I might had this in paper form actually.

Jaro,

I am very grateful for you taking the time and making the effort to help me with this !

If possible, I would like to get all of it translated . . . I never knew the drawings were labelled in Polish.

Many, many thanks !

Tight Lines !