Thanks for adding me!

Started by JasonDunn, November 17, 2017, 04:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonDunn

Hi guys im Jason From False Bay, Cape Town, South Africa. Thanks again for the add!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Welcome aboard, Jason --

From the mountains of California.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

Good to have you aboard.  What's your fishing preference?  Fresh and or salt water, what kind of fish you like to go after and what gear are you using?

JasonDunn

Hi Guys Thanks for the welcome, I do Salt water fishing, Rock and Surf, i Fish mainley for Edibles, Types of fish i mainly target are Kabeljou/Kob, elf/shad, White Steenbras/Pig nose grunter, White Stumpnose, Galjoen, Black Tail, Mussel Cracker, Belman.

I use a 14ft Shimano Technium 5-8oz rod and a Shimano Trinidad 20 DC and use a 12,6ft Penn Battalion rod and a Penn Torque 15, Fish with 0.45mm mainline on ther former and Gosen 50lbs casting braid on the latter, hook sizes range from 2/0 to 8/0 circle or J. Bait used are Sand prawn,Bloodworm,moonshine worm,squid,fish bait.

Heres a Picture of a Beast 55kg Kabeljou/kob that was caught from the Surf/Rocks over the weekend past.

Tiddlerbasher

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonDunn

Thanks guys, thats not me though, its a fellow angler named Jan. He sent it to me over the past weekend, bought my trinidad dc from him.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Keta

Quote from: JasonDunn on November 17, 2017, 01:35:23 PM
Thanks guys, thats not me though, its a fellow angler named Jan. He sent it to me over the past weekend, bought my trinidad dc from him.

Still a nice fish, it looks somewhat like a white seabass or totoaba.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Holy cow.  And that's not even photoshopped.  What a fish.  That must have been a blast catching that from the surf.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Swami805

That's a monster. Looking forward to more pictures
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonDunn

It is a lovely catch guys, this is the most targeted edible throughout the summer months in false bay,
heres the cuurent SA recorb for kabeljou/kob from the surf 82kgs/180,8lbs