Shimano Trinidad 20 DC Bearing size?

Started by JasonDunn, November 17, 2017, 04:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonDunn

Hi Guys m looking to upgrade my bearings with ceramic hybrids but boca told me that the dc is not on there spec list, what other reel has the same size bearings? anyone know?

alantani

i went looking at mike's site http://schematics.mikesreelrepair.com/thumbnails.php?album=25&page=11 and could not find the trinidad DC, but i think the bearing sizes are the same as the bearings for the old trinidads.  boca should have those sizes.  as far as the extra expense for the ceramic bearings goes, it's not something that i personally recommend, though many do. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonDunn

Hi Mr. Tani thanks so much, your opinion is highly appreciated, im looking to get more spool speed with out having to polish the pinion gear and the shaft that drives through it. Fell like the stock bearing are to slow for the power that the DC braking system puts out. What would you suggest and where can i buy it from?

JasonDunn

Ive just measured the spool bearings, the one inside the spool cap tensioner is 4x10x4mm and the one in the clicker side plate is a 4x11x4mm. The only measuring tool i had was a tape measure, isat for a hour double checking lol.

Does this seem correct?

alantani

handi2

Those sizes match the other Trinidad/Torium reels. The one on the spool itself is 6x12x4.

I have those Ceramic Hybrid bearings and have used them in customer reels. I didn't see a difference between the 2 cleaned and oiled bearings. The SS bearings were quieter.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Wolli

Att. pls find the schematics

The spools bearings in TN 12 and 14 are 6x12x4 and 4x11x6. Guess the same in the 20DC. Forgotten to note down....

This should be of interest:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=509.msg1033#msg1033

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

JasonDunn

Quote from: handi2 on November 17, 2017, 10:15:10 PM
Those sizes match the other Trinidad/Torium reels. The one on the spool itself is 6x12x4.

I have those Ceramic Hybrid bearings and have used them in customer reels. I didn't see a difference between the 2 cleaned and oiled bearings. The SS bearings were quieter.
Hi thanks, are you sure?? ABEC7 ceramic hybrids should be much faster?

JasonDunn

Quote from: Wolli on November 18, 2017, 02:46:54 AM
Att. pls find the schematics

The spools bearings in TN 12 and 14 are 6x12x4 and 4x11x6. Guess the same in the 20DC. Forgotten to note down....

This should be of interest:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=509.msg1033#msg1033

Hi Wolli, on measurement those sizes don't match up.

handi2

The 4x11x6 should be 4x11x5.

In a light weight reel the abec7 ceramic hybrid do make a difference. In the Torium and Trinidad they didnt. Its the weight if the spool. They were too loud also.
Gulf Breeze, FL

JasonDunn

Hi Handi2, thanks for the info, so what do you suggest i do to get more free spool out of the reel? faster bearings is the only easy method i could think of, he stock bearings ive cleaned out and oiled with quantums hotsauce.

alantani

or clean out the bearings you already have. 

handi2

Quote from: JasonDunn on November 20, 2017, 04:43:12 AM
Hi Handi2, thanks for the info, so what do you suggest i do to get more free spool out of the reel? faster bearings is the only easy method i could think of, he stock bearings ive cleaned out and oiled with quantums hotsauce.

PM me your address and i will send them too you. I will over oil them with TSI-321. Take the shields off when they are installed.

Polish the spool shaft and inside the pinion gear. For the pinion gear metal polish and cut in half Q-Tips put in a drill.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Swami805

This may be a dumb question but isn't the cast control slowing it down? Not sure how the DC works but doesn't it slow the spool down by design? Does it just moderate spool speed to prevent over run and not effect free spool at all?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JasonDunn

Hi handi2 sounds like a plan! ive done the spool polish and inside of pinion gear to my old tld 20/40 with great results, will pm you my address, thanks, what do i owe you?

P.S. on measurement i get 4x10x4mm and 4x11x4mm?