alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial What's your favorite hot pepper?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 16, 2017, 05:00:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite hot pepper?  (Read 618 times)
theswimmer

Sierra Nevada

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »

Down in Fresno we still have the traditional truck farms thanks to the large Asian population.
Many still grow the real Jalapeno not the TAMU hybrid.
The real Jalapeno is still my fave. Great flavor and texture and depending on who grew them just the right amount of heat.

Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.

Clark Gable
CooldadE
Firearms Group

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 07:36:54 AM »

Flea...

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...
Big Tim
Photo Group

Space Herring "Commander of the Sun"

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 07:18:06 AM »

Every time peppers come up. I think of John.
I'll stick with Jalapeno's. Wink

I just love the kids laughing in the back ground  Grin
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 08:52:34 AM »

I make chili rellenos using poblano peppers.  Usually I make 6 at a time.  Usually out of the 6, 3 will be hot and 3 will be no hotter than a bell pepper.  Does anyone know what to look for to get the hot tasting poblanos?  When they are hot they still have a great taste.  I don't like anything that fires up the mouth with heat but gives no flavor and does not allow you to taste anything else.  I like fire roasted jalapenos which are tamed by the fire roasting.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Decker

One fish, two fish, red fish, bluefish.

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »

I don't know that I've ever eaten a fresh habanero, but strangely, habanero hot sauces burn me less than some others.  Habanero always has a pleasant anesthetic effect, warms me up and calms my stomach.   Maybe the sauce is very weak, but I like the  way a meal sits with it.  Very satisfying.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:26:57 PM by Decker » Logged
festus

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

I don't know that I've ever eaten a fresh habanero, but strangely, habanero hot sauces burn me less than some others.  Habanero always has a pleasant anesthetic effect, warms me up and calms my stomach.   Maybe the sauce is very weak, but I like the  way a meal sits with it.  Very satisfying.
I've made habanero hot sauce cut with carrots to retain color and water down some of the heat.  Recipe is similar to this one in the link.  Also canned it in half pint jars by the boiling water bath.  IMHO it isn't that hot but very flavorful.

http://happyolks.com/carrot-habanero-hot-sauce/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: