SOLD: Hard to find Accurate 9/0 Accuframe. Just the ticket for big sharks!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 03, 2017, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I would rate ??? this frame cosmetically as an 8.5 because it has a small scrape just above the front foot and a few surface spots of corrosion on the left edge, as you can see in the close up photos that I have posted below and in the next post. There are also a few other small marks, mostly on the feet of the base.  I have tested all of the threads and they are good, the Accurate graphics are 99% intact, the black finish is still deep unfaded black, and it has a heavy duty billet aluminum rod clamp.  

If you are fishing heavy line for big fish, this one-piece full aluminum frame will keep your side plates perfectly parallel for proper spool alignment and will eliminate the torquing that would twist the stock Penn frame and impair the performance of your reel.

I can sell it for $115 plus $4.25 for shipping by USPS first class parcel with tracking.  I will also ship it worldwide at the actual cost of postage.  If you would like to buy it, please PM your PayPal email address and I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks, Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

A few more photos

otghoyt

Hi Randy;

Wanted all your Christmas shoppers to know...... I received the Tib T60NK for my 114 today.  You were very conservative with your estimate of "nearly new" and your fees were extremely fair.  I know it never caught a fish as the engagement ears on the spool shaft don't have any scratches on them.   Makes my 114 look like a gi-normous 349 Grand Mariner. Me likes.  

Going to line it with 85# hollow core and use loop to loop leaders for adjusting to the bite.  Pole is a 30-55-80 Seeker 660H, with a pricey aluminum roller top.  I fully intend to have at least one leader for the min/max pole rating just in case and several each of 50# 60# for a whole lotta fun.  The 114 has Challenger's stainless gear set with one of Adams keyed drag inserts and offset monster crank arm. Aaaaand we're catching nice grade Yellowfin now!

H~

Army_of_One

Quote from: WOTHoyt on December 09, 2017, 12:49:32 AM
Hi Randy;

Wanted all your Christmas shoppers to know...... I received the Tib T60NK for my 114 today.  You were very conservative with your estimate of "nearly new" and your fees were extremely fair.  I know it never caught a fish as the engagement ears on the spool shaft don't have any scratches on them.   Makes my 114 look like a gi-normous 349 Grand Mariner. Me likes.  

Going to line it with 85# hollow core and use loop to loop leaders for adjusting to the bite.  Pole is a 30-55-80 Seeker 660H, with a pricey aluminum roller top.  I fully intend to have at least one leader for the min/max pole rating just in case and several each of 50# 60# for a whole lotta fun.  The 114 has Challenger's stainless gear set with one of Adams keyed drag inserts and offset monster crank arm. Aaaaand we're catching nice grade Yellowfin now!

H~
I plan to copy you  ;), but I have a Tib frame instead.  Very nice reel!  I would feel bad fishing it.
Another day in Paradise!

otghoyt

That is a first gen Tib frame I'm using there.  The newer ones eliminate the use of the inner rings.  I like the looks of the older model a little better and the used price is mo better.  

I am going to R&R my other full sized 114H that already has a full size Accurate Frame.  I will be using similar innards except I'll be using Challenger's stainless gear set with the hex drag included.  I choose this hex gear drag stack over Adam's insert simply due to the amount of custom fitment needed to put the Motive drag insert into Challenger gear.  Royal pain but it is the best drag modification available.

The lowly 114 has been modified by Penn, Newell, Accurate and Tiburon, more so than any other reel Penn made.  Standard width, Narrow and X-Wide versions.  High Speed, low speed, external drag access Lighter and lighter, Post with bushings, aluminum bars or graphite half frame and full frame with bearings.  The Electra Mate winder was designed for the 114/115 as they use the same gear sleeve, main gear and drag stack.  

There is a lot more to a 114 than most folks think and personally I like the price you can steal one for.  Very under valued and an extremely versatile reel.

Randy....sorry I hi-jacked your 9/0 thread.  I need that other narrow kit you offered me.  I got a custom build customer because of the way first one I got off you came out.  People are diggin this!

H~

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 16, 2017, 01:32:36 AM
Glad you got that Robin.
It was a good deal. ;)
I was honestly surprised someone didn't grab it before me.  ;)  Thank you for that.  I only know of two of these now.  It'd be nice to see the full range of colors one day.  Yours is gold isn't it?
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 16, 2017, 04:54:06 PM
Silver and Gold. ;)

The silver one is absolutely perfect!  :P  I love the aluminum spool with the silver frame.  I've never been a fan of the gold though.  Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful piece, but it seems more of an International color than Senator.  I feel the same way about blue frames on "H" senators.  I am excited to have the inverse of your black/silver combo.  Thank you for sharing those.  ;D
Another day in Paradise!

Shark Hunter

That gold one is kind of special.
It was the model for Tom's frames.
Life is Good!

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!