tyrnos problems

Started by alantani, November 20, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Bryan its 2 piece. It also has the 2 pins that key the main gear and anti reverse ratchet together. I still think the problem is in that area. My second thought is the pinion gear slipping in the drag plate.

I assume he made sure the handle arm isn't slipping on the main shaft.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Wolli

Remember the crumbly, crappy drag these came with? Change that out to carbon fiber w/cals grease. Low drag pressure usually feels rough, like in the first video. Try putting some real pressure on a new drag and see what happens.
              Warren

That what i would recommend too.

After short time the original drag washer looks like an old carpet.....

For to get higher drag you can add an additional belleville. Based on TYR-30II can recomm configuration (((()
You have to remove one or two of the Thrust Washers! Figure out best for your reel. Do not know about which size we are talking.

Good Luck
Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

D.DAY

Just a stab here. Maybe try to tighten TGT1186 DRIVE SHAFT SCREW. I just serviced one of these reels and had read somewhere that this nut will come loose and the handle may fall off or slip. I checked mine and got a 1/4 turn on it. If it was loose could it slip from the gear there?

erikpowell

I think Bryan and Keith have pinpointed the trouble spot for you.

Either the pinion guard teeth may be worn OR too much or too sticky a grease is causing the pinion gear to the shaft and bearing.
Have you tried it with just a thin layer of grease or thinning your grease with some corrosionX.
Maybe?

Good luck

FatTuna

My best guess is it's missing a piece or something was put in backwards, etc. I'm going with spacing issue.

Second guess would be corrosion inside the spool.

I don't see how the pinon bearing would cause that. A dead pinon bearing can feel okay in your fingers but will sound like a coffee grinder when the drag is engaged. A bearing that is that totally dead will be bleeding rust and will barely turn.