Fishing Baja Nov. 2017

Started by Dominick, November 20, 2017, 10:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on November 20, 2017, 10:50:42 PM
He was busy so he turned us over to his cousin who just threw us together with a young man who I found out later was not a fisherman.  

sorry to hear this Dom, even for us that live in Baja have to deal with this "last minute change of captain", most of the times results on a disaster but from time to time resulted to be a really nice panguero as good or even better than the original well-known panguero, not very often because next time you will search for that panguero instead of the original, so, a hint, if they offer you a change of captain then relax and enjoy as much you can of your fishing day or cancel.

when results in a disaster I tell myself that "a worst day fishing is 2x better than the best day at the office".

The Baja Guy

Dominick

I have to say that in 18 years of 6 -7 days of fishing this was the first time I had a bad experience.  Mostly it was my fault as I should have booked with the captains I know earlier.  By the time I was ready to book they were all booked up.  I usually book a cruiser but I do have a couple of guys with super pangas with center console and live bait wells.  I was booking a panga because of the wahoo tournament.  Paying for a cruiser and entry fees was a little steep.  We live and learn.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

I'm glad you were able to salvage the trip and still enjoy yourself.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Dommie!   I,m Sure when we get together again you'll change this story to one great fish story.  ;D  I can't wait to hear how the big one got away!!!!   Next year I would like to go down there if things stay smooth.   Never been,   I,m not getting ant younger?    See you soon.
     I,m looking forward to meeting some new folks on a visit to your place and others in so cal.    First off to washington...... :-*

Jigtosser

Dom, 1 bad trip in 18 yrs of fishing Baja..., I wish I had that luck!!!
As Alex stated, changing Captains in Baja is very common, for a variety of reasons.
I have had some great trips, and have had some trips that you hope you can forget!!!
Fishing in Baja is an adventure every trip, keeps ME coming back and wanting more...

Dominick

Daron, thanks for fixing the photos.  Gary figure early June and/or early November.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Like the Man said;   :'(
when results in a disaster I tell myself that "a worst day fishing is 2x better than the best day at the office".
    Hapy Thanksgiving to all...... Lets not eat fish for one day. ;)

Dominick

The lion fish is sometimes called a "turkey fish."  Dominick