Where were you on November 22, 1963?

Started by Dominick, November 23, 2017, 03:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I was in a deer hunting camp in the western Catskills.  I did not get the news until the next day.  I would not have gotten the news for another 4 days but our jeep battery went dead so we pushed it to start and went into Callicoon, New York to have the charging system tested.  A man in the local gas station told us about the assasination.  Shocking.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Quote from: Dominick on November 23, 2017, 03:42:45 AM
I was in a deer hunting camp in the western Catskills.  I did not get the news until the next day.  I would not have gotten the news for another 4 days but our jeep battery went dead so we pushed it to start and went into Callicoon, New York to have the charging system tested.  A man in the local gas station told us about the assasination.  Shocking.  Dominick
I was 7 and at home in St Louis when it came on the TV.

I was at my parents today for Thanksgiving. My mom doesn't remember why I was at home that day either. I must've been home sick from school.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

happyhooker

Grade school--in class--class was let out for a few days afterwards. Phoenix.

Frank

PS On a less somber note, I went thru Callicoon NY as a kid back in the late '50s & I still remember the beauty of the area & Delaware River.

foakes

6th grade -- Principal, Mr. Buckalew came across on the room loudspeaker system.

54 years ago.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bill19803

deer hunting  in  austin gas  field,  big  rapids, michigan  and  got   8  pointer

Swami805

3rd grade, Mrs Bernstiens class. She was crying when she told us
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelhead_killer

Three days from coming into this world...
><)))">

bluefish69

I was an Apprentice Plumber working with my Dad at the time we were told by another Tradesmen.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Gfish

6 yrs. old, first grade, Fremont, Ca. Still not used to being a "grade" schooler with more classroom responsibilities than those of kindergarden. When the news broke I probably still had some kinda hangover from the Cuban missile crisis as kindergartener (The adults had that "don't wanna scare them too much" way of explaining things, such as "Duck and Dive", but you could read the fear on their faces as only a child can). Must have heard about it at school, but only remember when my older bro. brought home the "reality" of it to me. So I's probably in some denial mode after the assasination and I remember being frustrated that I couldn't watch cartoons the weekend of the funeral. Still heartbreaking to see the old footage of his kids at the funeral procession.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

3rd grade, mrs. westinghouse's class, alot of the girls were crying. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

festus

Fifth grade, Mrs. Lauderdale's class.  Principal came over the intercom, told all teachers to report to his office.  Five minutes later she came back crying and broke us the news.

oc1

Festus Smith's 7th grade shop class at Hamlin Junior High, TX
-steve

Shark Hunter

2 years from being born yet.
I celebrated my 27th anniversary Nov. 22, 2017. ;)
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Congrats to you & your wife.      Rudy

Tiddlerbasher

Sitting in my dormitory in boarding school - heard it on the radio :o

Congrats to you both Daron :)