Where were you on November 22, 1963?

Started by Dominick, November 23, 2017, 03:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Cor

12 years old, in final year primary school in Cape Town.

We just got home with our parents when the neighbour in our apartment came up and told us the news, so even those days news sometimes spread very quickly.   My memory is that it was around 19h00 South African time.
Cornelis

Crow

The Principal rolled a small tv into our high school study hall....
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Aiala

Ninth grade, Miami Beach... for some reason I was in the school office and heard the first reports over a radio. Just a day or so earlier we had seen Air Force One fly right over the school. After a brief stunned assembly we were all sent home. :-\

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

droppedit

11 years old in 5th grade watching a Spanish lesson on TV Orlando, Fl. Lots of tears from everyone.
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

wfjord

11 years old (6th grade) at home with the mumps watching it on TV.

swill88

6th grade class in Hollywood, CA.

Mrs Barber the principal cried over the intercom asking the flag boys to come to the office.

a demarcation point in time for sure,

steve

Hardy Boy

Same as Shark Hunter ..................... two years from being born.......................... and just had our 25 anniversary. 
Todd

David Hall

9yrs Old I was at school in Salinas Ca.

Swami805

A man with his flaws like us all. He had a way to move people that is very rare. What might have been we can only guess.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Jim Fujitani

Another Fifth Grader, in my reading class with Miss Greble before noon.  An intercom announcement came from the Principal, Mr. Elkus.  Although I was considered a smart kid, I wasn't familiar with the term, "assassinated", but I put it all together real fast.

theswimmer

In the kitchen with my mom at 1853 Decatur st San Jose , Ca,
4 years old.
She cried for hours,,,,,,,,
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

joel8080

Home on leave from the Marine Corps, the next day I reported for my deployment.
Oceanside,California

Ron Jones

My Dad was 11. Amazes me how pivotal to the world that day was.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

The Baja Guy