Giant squid

Started by Iyad, November 23, 2017, 10:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

They make great crab bait.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Great Halibut Baits as well,   Shipp me a box I,, pay the Freight,   pm me if your interested?    thanks.    gst. :)

philaroman

for any cephalopods, look up "salt-baked" recipes...  also good for fish, amphibians, reptiles, etc.

Iyad

Quote from: FatTuna on November 24, 2017, 03:11:07 AM
Do you have any pictures of the jig/squid hook you used?

Iyad

About the taste they taste exactly like regular squid after your freez the meat but I found that they make a great bait for almost all type of fishing and they attract fish like a magnet here in our water an old fisherman told me he uses big stripes from the meat for swordfishing

Dominick

We use them chopped up to chum for tuna in Baja.  Joe and I bought 10 kilos from the Walmart in Cabo San Lucas.  This is the first time I was ever in a Walmart.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

sdlehr

When I hear "Giant Squid" I think of something much, much larger than anything pictured at the beginning of this thread. Maybe these are babies.... and falling overboard in a sea full of hungry Giant Squid is one of my nightmares....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

humboldtdan

Possibly Humboldt Squid Dosidicus gigas if the same species as on the Pacific coast of NA, CA, and SA-definitely not Giant Squid Architeuthissp.

MarkT

There are over 300 species of squid. We get Market squid which are the little ones you catch for bait or buy on trays at the store, Jumbo's that are 3-5# and Humbolts that get up to 40#. Market squid are an important commercial catch in California.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Here's a squid jig we'd use on long range trips. Those big squid are deadly under a kite for tuna
Do what you can with that you have where you are

akfish

There are enough large squid around Petersburg in SE Alaska for some charter operators to run night time squid trips. This is not good. If ocean conditions are changing enough to bring squid into salmon areas, the salmon population will suffer. As if our salmon needed another problem...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska