How Easy It Is

Started by Maxed Out, November 24, 2017, 07:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Been itching to do another build and had a jigmaster 500 I bought a while back. Then got frame from Randy, plate kit from Tom, star and blade from Adam, knob from Alan C.

Once all the parts were here it was just a matter of time......
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Next the easy part, just swap the internals over to the Cortez plates and lube it up and screw onto frame and shazaam, an Alan Tani work of art was born. The coolest part is I'm not alone, I've seen some of the nicest custom builds come from this forum in recent months and am always inspired by them and all the input from forum members. I'd love to say thanks to all the custom designers & builders, Sal, Bryan, but mostly just want to say a huge thanks to Alan Tani.

......now onto the next build !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

It is pretty easy when the parts are all made to such a level of perfection. Any issues I have with these builds are self inflicted. Finished the 2 newells with Bryan's plates last night,no filing,tweaking or adjusting. Free spool for days and I believe the finished reels are just under an ounce heavier than stock newells. Very impressive considering they went from plastic to metal construction.
From design to execution all the makers on this site are 2nd to none. 
Beautiful reel Ted, the all silver is stunning. Will we be seeing the Ted special mirror finish on this one?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

handi2

Ted you found a great reel to start with. It looks like new.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Spectacular. And ditto everything said.

Got the goody box BTW. Ted credits a lot of folks but is also on that top shelf himself.

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on November 25, 2017, 12:09:31 AM
Spectacular. And ditto everything said.

Ted credits a lot of folks but is also on that top shelf himself.
Amen brother.  One of the best and most generous.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

coastal_dan

Truth!  They don't get much better than Ted.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Yogi_fish808

Whats more fun than a jigmaster build? I've been on a "oldschool/period correct" streak as you saw in a few of my recent projects but a modern jig with all of our aftermarket goodies is always fun to put together.