hulicat charter, december 7th, 2017

Started by alantani, November 24, 2017, 08:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

the actual sign up info is buried so deep in the original post, that i thought i'd put this info on top.  we still need a few more guys, so sign up with juan.  i've already spoken to mike, the skipper of the hulicat, and he knows that we want the 7th.  we'll need to have juan keep a running list of the guys that are signed up.  if you're not signed up and want to go, please sign up as soon as you can. i will be in puerto vallarta from december 1-5, so juan will be your contact guy for questions on that last week.  thanks!  alan

Quote from: jlezama on November 16, 2017, 08:28:59 PM

Hello there!  I am on travel until the 29th, so checks will be hard until then. Are you guys ok sending money through paypal? For those who don't have a paypal account, you can send checks to:

Juan Lezama Pacheco
              143 Beaumont Blvd
              Pacifica CA 94044

or

Paypal: jlezamap@gmail.com

So far I think we are at $150 pp. If anyone else needs to be added or taking out to the list please let me know ASAP.  Thanks, Juan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Im Paid up for me, my son and his son.  might get another friend or two if we need.

alantani

now there is a possibility that the boat may not be available that week.  this is getting complicated.   :-\

David Hall

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mikeysm

alantani

they are working with a rockfish research group for that week and mike (the hulicat skipper) did not know if that thursday would be available.  he was supposed to get back to me.  i am still waiting to hear back from juan and tom mattusch.  i am also trying to get a phone number for mike.  i leave for puerto vallarta this coming friday, which is why the push now to make sure this is settled. 

Swami805

They used to do the rockfish research tips here. They call a bunch of regulars to go fish rockfish for free so they could measure and count what was caught. Pretty fun trips and the price was right. Who knows, you might get lucky and that's what there doing, worth a check see.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mikeysm

I guess the does make it a problem. It may kill the whole thing.

Mike

Bryan Young

It would be cool if you all could go fishing for this trip. No take home but all the rock cod you can catch.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

just got a call back from juan.  he's been traveling in mexico.  we'll talk tonight.

alantani

just spoke to tom mattusch.  we have the 7th, weather permitting.  i also found out that some of the southside angler guys want to go on that date.  their's is the last group that i went out with.  great bunch of guys.  between them and us, we should have no trouble filling the boat. 

jurelometer

So for those of us (just me?) that haven't done the partyboat thing in a while,  there are a few questions:

Terminal tackle:  Assume a single shrimp fly dropper over a jig.    What  size test for the leader?   What weight range for the jigs?   Looks like a 180 foot max depth is in force now. 

Outfits:   Assuming something for 2 to 4 oz jigs with 30 lb braid and something for  6-12 oz with 50 lb braid.  Is this about right?

Fish/crab care:   Do they do the provide a  burlap bag on the rod holder?   Any other options?

Where to park &  finding the boat  & what time to meet:  ??

Surprisingly very little information on the Hulicat or other HMB partyboat sites.

Thanks!

alantani

shrimp flies are ok.  they will provide cut up squid to use on the shrimp flies.  i think the ones available at most stores are 50 pound test.  lighter is ok, too.  8 oz and 12 oz are good weights to have, maybe 4 to 6 of each.  we fished shallow last time, less than 100 feet.  2 ounce jigs are too light.  figure 4 to 8 ounce is good for shallow water, up to 16 ounce for deep, but we did not fish deep last time.  gunny sacks are provided.  i use a ratty old insulated bag with some plastic ice packs.  there is ample parking in the lot.  

the harbor master's office is at the top of this map.  as you walk out onto the pier, the hulicat should be on the third dock on the left hand side.  

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Half+Moon+Bay,+CA/@37.5023111,-122.4824643,182m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x808f0ba50a19cb0b:0x5efd9cc835e79b54!8m2!3d37.4635519!4d-122.4285862

alantani

when you click on the link above, you get a standard map.  you have to click of the "satellite" image in the lower left hand corner to get the full satellite view and then you can see the docks.  

you can also find it here!  https://www.hulicat.com/pillarpointharbor